Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This Sunflower Lover Made a Big Score!

Posted by lynninnewmexico (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 19:57

I ran errands in town today and stopped by TJ Maxx to return something for DD. Did a quick run-through in their housewares department . . . of course ;^D
I'm so glad that I did, because I found this beautiful, one-of-a kind (at this store) covered pie dish. Now, I'm sure that if it someday showed up in a thrift store, it would be less, but I thought that $14.99 was a darn good price for such a beautiful, detailed piece in perfect condition. It's stamped "Oven & Microwave safe", which is nice, but I can't imagine putting that top in a hot oven! I'm sure it'll work in my warming oven, though, and I'll use it as a shallow serving dish, too.
Lynn (who has a big smile on her face)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This Sunflower Lover Made a Big Score!

Ohhhhh I Am Sooooo Jealous !!
That is absolutely beautiful... I love it.
I can see why you are smiling..Great Score.
The price wasn't bad at all for that and you're right
it's very detailed.
Lucky you and I'm also smiling ' For You'

jane

o

Oh, man! It's great. And it has a sunflower too! I bet you're as pleased as punch.

Sometimes I feel a little guilty when I pay more than GW prices because a lot of the gals on this forum live so close to outlets. But in my world, $14.99 is more than reasonable for something a little out of the ordinary with such detail. Good job, Lynn.

o

Yep, I'd have paid that for it too. Its a beautiful piece,
and you should enjoy it for years to come.
Congratulations!

hugs, Karen

o

ohhhhhh, I love it! Great bargain for such a cheerful piece (& I'd be expecting "piece of pumpkin pie," too!) Jeanne S. (I love TJMaxx...such unique finds!)

o

I LOVE IT!!!!

Absolutely gorgeous.

o

Sunflowers are one of my favs too, and that sure is a pretty piece. Bet it made you smile when you found it. :o)

OA, do you know where the nearest TJ Max is around here? I only know where to find Marshall's, Home Goods, and Ross.

Luvs

o

Beautiful!
While I am a true TS junkie, occasionally I find things at TJ Maxx/Home Goods that are just too great to pass up.
I would say your pie plate is definitely one of those great deals. It is so perfectly "Fall."
It would look great as a decor item or with a yummy pie inside.
TFS,
Candy

o

It is beautiful, Lynn!

o

Lynn, your pie plate is beautiful. I think it was very reasonably priced. I have the Over and Back Pumpkin Pie Keeper. Not fancy looking like yours but I still like it.LOL

Punk

o

Ms. Lynnie, that is so beautiful...I'm smilin' for you!!!!

o

OOOOOOOOO, AHHHHHHHHH, some things are just worth the price we have to pay. It'll be great for decorating and serving.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here