Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

some of my Fall decorating done

Purplemoon
13 years ago

Slowly but surely, I'm getting my Fall decor done. I just put 12 photos in my Photobucket album, so those of you with dial-up won't tear out your hair. LOL.

I hope to finish the rest during the next few days and will let you know when I add more pictures.

I added descriptions under each photo, tho you've seen most of my stuff when I first bought it.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: my fall decorating

Comments (12)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, beautiful decorations and even the dog is ready to celebarate fall I see. Your so funny and I love so many things you put together but I'm still laughing to hard over the dogs new collar.

Your cloches and candles always look great. I love all your chickens on your counter and I need to get my covered cake pedestals out and use them. My MIL just gave me this chicken with little ones today while I was out visiting. This may be the start of my chicken collecting. We also picked some Chinese Lanterns for my fall displays.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Purplemoon...I am in AWE of your Fall decor! I LOVE everything! BTW, your pics are wonderful, too! My fav thing is how you've created such beautiful decor with your cloches! Love that little elf & squirrel under the leaf tree! And that silver squirrel candleholder with the acorns all under that glass dome! So darn CUTE!!!

Of course, your antique sideboard looks very elegant with all those great finds lately & how you've arranged it is "perfection!" And I'm glad you made a lighted sphere...after seeing the blog you posted on another thread, I thought I'd try a lighted project, too. Love this one you did!

Wholey buckets! I could go on-and-on...everything is so very impressive...you've done good, girl! Fall has definitely arrived at your house, even if it's only indoors! TFS your lovely home! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Beautiful pictures and very tastefully done.
    I love the buffet and the kitchen counter.

OT, question...what do you mean about dial up?

If I have a post where I put lots of pictures, does it cause problems for some of the members?

Please let me know, as I haven't learned how to use photobucket.

Thanks in advance,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Candy, we all usually put photos IN our posts. But sometimes when we have a lot, it is slow to load for the folks who's computers are still on "dial up". That goes thru the phone line I believe instead of instantly showing up on the high speed Internet. I use to have it, and then got on Cox cable and love the speed of things now.

Thanks for compliments on my decor, it means a lot to me!

Punk, your hen is a cutie. I love Roosters and have a small collection of them, they are confined to my kitchen to insure it stays small. I pack them away during the holidays, but the colors on the cannister ones is perfect.
    I'll get my turkeys out when Halloween passes and I do more Thanksgiving look to things.
    The dog in the entry way always gets a holiday ribbon, along with the 100 lb stone one on front porch.

Jeanne, I didn't make the lighted sphere. I saw that one on Etsy and first thought about doing one. But the floral she had on it was so lovely, and before she put the light string in it, she taped off each little bulb then spray painted the cord to match the sphere. LOT of work. So I took easy way out and bought her's.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Karen, you've done a great job with all of it! Everything looks so nice and is so tastefully done. First off, I love everything, but my most fav is the little squirrel holding the acorn down that is on your kitchen counter! So cute, and reminds me of Scrat but with a much prettier face! LOL Your entry way arrangement looks great, really love the candle holders. That lighted ball with the ribbons and peacock feathers is wonderful, no wonder you fell in love with it! I like the roosters along with the fall items, it all looks very nice together. Great job, Sweetie, now take a minute to just sit and enjoy it! Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Karen...I think your Fall Decor this year is 'Outstanding'..You've collected some very lovely things and I agree with Candy, put it all together so tastefully.
    Boy your Ebay finds are amazing. Everything just goes so well together. I love your Cloches...(seems we've all caught the bug this year with them) and you've put together so many lovely displays..Starting with your beautiful floral arrangements... your diplay on the kitchen counter and your Entry table display..Even 'Doggie'...
    All just beautiful..and so well done..
    No wonder your Fibro is in 'full swing'..Take it from a 'Lupie'...Gurl...sit back a little and give yourself some down time! You deserve it... lol

jane

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Karen....Beautifully done. I enjoyed looking at all the pictures in your holiday album as well!!! Punk, Mama
    chicken and her chicks are too cute! They look great with the chinese lanterns. NanaKaren

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Karen, I love all your cloches, and especially the one with the large acorns from Kirklands & the neat one with the squirrel in front on the acorn.

I see you used quite a few items that were new this year, the fall plates with the leaves are very pretty & rich looking.

I bet you're sore today, I've been spending way too much time online late at nite, trying to catch up with all I've missed all summer & my legs are bothering me now from sitting way too much at the computer.

Better get up & get some housework done & stretch out those leg muscles!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Okay, now I have no excuse, if you can decorate for fall with it as hot as it must still be there, then I need to get with the program. Your decorations look like something straight out of a magazine. I love the cloches and the silver squirrel is adorable. You did good girl. Thanks for posting all the pix.
    Frou

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Wow GirlyQ...you have been a busy little gal!! I am enthralled with that grapevine ball you bought! It is beautiful!!
    Thanks so much for showing it all to us!!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You guys make me feel so good, and your compliments blow me away! Its humbling but at the same time, I am grinning with joy. I've only done this kind of Holiday decorating the past few years, AFTER I joined this Forum.
    So I'm really kind of new at a lot of it. Putting together florals, and little vignettes, were something I just never tried or thought about. I love doing it now, and have everyone here to thank for my holiday decorating!

Frou, the weather guy said we just set a really big record with 111 degrees! So I'm quite happy to stay inside, surrounded by "Fall". ;o)

hugs, Karen

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Karen, You missed your calling, you should have been an interrier designer. You decs are absolutely beautiful. I too love the little squirrels, they look so real. You seem to have the knack for knowing just what to put together. I have taken a terrible head cold today, and just feel lousy, so I hadn't been on my computer until just a little while ago, so I am behind on posts. You said you wished you had my will power about not buying Christmas decs. Believe me, it is not will power, it is already having more than I can possibly use. There was years that I couldn't pass up Christmas decorations, at ys, ts or after Christmas sales. Every year when I start getting things out, I find things that I don't even remember buyung. Durring the month of Nov. my time is usurally spent in the wreath barn (remember, we live in Christmas Tree Country) and I always try to make enough money to do all my Christmas shopping making wreaths. I started doing this yrs ago when my kids were small, and I needed the extra money really badly at Christmas.When they all grew up and moved out, making wreaths had just became such a tradition, that one year I didn't make any and it really didnt seem like Christmas. I usurally make a few hundred wreaths from the last of Oct to the 2nd week in Dec. I gues thats one reson that I never worried much about Halloween or Thanksgiving decorations. I usurally have all my ks and gk here for Thanksgiving Thursday and then right back to the barn an Fri.I really don't know hardly how I am going to do it this year, what with babysitting DGS, but on of my DGDs
    says she will help me with him. Guess time will tell... I also enjoy your albums; you do so much to keep this forum interesting. Janet