Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you ever?

Posted by marlene_2008 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 19:39

Gotten stuck on loving a new color and just can't get enough of it?? Well, it's been that way with me since we renovated the kitchen. I'm really loving this shade of blue/green. Found a compote today at Home Goods...it was the first time I had been in our new store. Holy Cow! What a store! Anyway, this compote was calling to me. Last weekend, DH and I painted our old kitchen chairs in the same color and reupholstered the seats....I figured they were due since they were over 30 years old!

Thanks for lookin'~

Photobucket

These also have a glaze on them, but you can't tell in this picture.....
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you ever?

Pretty color Marlene. I think you did a great 'redo' on the chairs.
That bowl goes perfectly...must have been waiting for you to come in and take it home!
The placemats are a nice accent too.
I've had my share of color obsession..so I can relate to what you're going through.
I'm sure there are plenty of others here who've done the same!
jane

o

Marlene, I love the color of your chairs and you should be proud of your wonderful redo. The seats are such a neat pattern and perfect with the color. I've been so busy with work that I haven't gotten into any new colors lately but I use to be that way all the time. Now by the time I get into something it's already out!LOL

We don't have any Home Goods stores around but love that compote dish you found. Like Jane said goes perfectly with the chairs. The placemats are so neat with all the leaves. Thanks for sharing and hope you keep posting pics to inspire!

Punk

o

Pretty color and it matches your chairs so well!!
It sure was waiting for you to come and get it.
I love Home Goods, they have such cool decor items and holiday items too!!

I'm sure you will find some more pieces in that pretty color to use around the house.

TFS,
Candy

o

Marlene, that pretty bowl just ties your chairs and table together so well. I agree, it's such a pretty color. Have you used it on any other pieces in your home? I'd be doing picture frames and such with it for sure. I used to go to our Home Goods every week or so, really loved going there for the holidays. Luvs

o

Marlene, This is one of my all time favorite colors.
The bowl is so pretty and your chairs look wonderful. The fabric you used is perfect.
TFS
Nana

o

Isn't it amazing how a coat of paint can turn old wooden chairs into a thing of beauty? You picked an excellent shade of blue. And the compote goes with it perfectly! Did you save some extra fabric to re-do your chairs 'just in case'? I call it cheap insurance!

o

well that was a match made in heaven! I can't believe you found a compote in a color you loved AND it matches your "new" chairs so perfectly. Wow!

I really like the fabric you chose for the seats too, very pretty.

hugs, Karen

o

Sorry to be so slow, Marlene ...but I wanted to comment on this your post, anyway ...I missed this one!

You have made your kitchen re-do into such a beautiful place...so comfy & 'right at home' feeling. This is just adding more to that feeling...your chair coloring is gorgeous & thank goodness, Home Goods, called to you to stop...that is a perfect centerpc ...along w/those pretty placemats you've shared before. Love it all!

Everything is so clean ... the white in your kitchen ... the fabric you've chosen here...love the color combo! TFS, Marlene! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here