Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Pink & Yellow Table

christmascandy
13 years ago

This is actually a table on my patio that I did last month when we were having a dinner party for previous neighbors.

I used the pink Sal. Army salad plates, the yellow polka dot rim plated from another TS, a tablecloth from HG, candleabras from GW, and a centerpiece from HL that I added the pink roses.

The roses in the clear bowls are from my garden, and the little rose squares I have used before on other tables.

The napkins are pink and yellow combined. I laid them flat and turned one so the corners of the top one are on the flat side of the bottom one, making an 8 pointed star. I picked them up by the center and wrapped a silk mini rose around it as the ring, then I flattened the bottom portion and stood them up.

The menu was caprese salad and artichoke dip/crackers appetizers. Green salad with walnuts and mandarin oranges, garlic mashed potatoes, grilled pork loins w/ginger sesame marinade, warm french bread, grilled corn on the cob, and homemade blackberry crisp w/ vanilla ice cream.

The candleabras are holding 2 bird votives and 2 votive candles. The pink goblets were $2 at a YS and the silver was DH's mother's. It has roses on the handles.

There is a yellow fairy hiding in the centerpiece.

We all had a good visit and I just made myself hungry when I was listing the menu!! LOL

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (13)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Oh, CC, it's lovely, simply lovely. To begin with, no one on earth would ever guess this was a Thrift Shoppe table. (Well, all the "regulars" on this forum would, but it certainly doesn't look like a TS table.)

All you dishes go so well together. Don't you just love it when you buy things separately because you're so taken with them and then it turns out they all sort of complement each other??!! The tablecloth is a winner. I'm going to have to go back to your napkin folding directions with a napkin in my hand and read VEEEEERRRRRYYYY slowly.

You made me hunger too.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

I agree...this is just a Lovely Tablesetting!
    The colors of your dinnerware and the floral tablecloth work so beautifully together. I love how you folded your napkins and will also be giving it a try.
    OA is right...no one would ever suspect this was all put together from TS finds!
    TFS ..I really enjoyed what you did.
    Oh..and your menu.. just 'YUMMY' ...made me hungry too!

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

candy...the t'cloth is so beautiful...& all your dishes fit so well! I love how you layered the plates & picked up the yellow from the cloth. Those bird candleabra's (sp?) are charming...perfect on this table. Also the swiss dots on one of the napkins & dots on the plate...nice accents! Of course, your roses are gorgeous in the centerpc & place settings. You are an artist in napkin arrangements! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, love this table with the hot pink and yellow. Your dishes all look great on it. You made me laugh when I seen your beautiful napkins and you shared how to make them. Thanks, you knew I would be asking! Wonderful how you added flowers to everything on this table. Very prety.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I agree with all the others have said, very lovely table. Have to say when I first read "pink & yellow", it sounded like an unusual combination but I was delighted when I saw it! What a pretty tablecloth and your dishes and flowers just pulled the colors right out of it. I would feel very special eating there, and your menu sounds absolutely yummy! Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everybody.
    Every time I do a new table, I am always trying to figure a way to do something different with the napkins and I really liked how these looked on the table.
    The tablecloth is actually a flannel backed plastic which is perfect for outside.

I called them previous neighbors, because "old" neighbors makes them sound ancient, although none of us are getting any younger! LOL

TTFN,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

This just sings summer and is lovely! And it was a beautiful summer day here in NY!
    Your table is so pretty and feminine!

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

I am a copycat! It's just so lovely!
    Kath

• party_music50
    13 years ago

Candy, your table is very pretty, as always! and your menu sounds great!!! Do you live anywhere near me? because if so, I want to come over and do the foodie thing. lol!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kathleen, I really appreciate your input as your tables are always so lovely.
    Kath, Thanks, sometimes everythings already been said.
    PM50, Colorado, come on over! LOL.

TTFN,
    Candy

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Very pretty, Candy, I love the combination of pink and yellow. What a beautiful Summer table! I am pea green with envy over your yellow and white polka dot plates . . . what a great find!
    Oh, and your yummy menu has made me hungry and it's only just after 9AM here!!
    Lynn

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful table, and the menu sound scrumptious!!!
    Thanks so much for tempting me :^)

• Oakley
    13 years ago

A girl after my own heart! Lovely!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions