Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milosmom_gw

My very special wedding gift. *pic* (and O.T.)

milosmom_gw
13 years ago

Despite my protest of absolutly not wanting a wedding gift , T couldn't help himself apparently and suprised me with this yesterday....

He commisioned it from a co-worker that paints for a hobby.

It was done off of a christmas pic of my fur children.

I think it is PRICELESS and wanted to share.

28 days!!! for those who are counting :-).

Comments (12)

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Wow, beautiful, and what a guy to think of getting you something like that, that you will treasure forever!!!!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That sure is some super guy you have! What a touching, and truly special gift. One you will ALWAYS treasure!
    I have portraits of some of my dogs and understand just what they can mean. Some I lost long ago, yet almost feel I can reach out and touch them the way their personality is captured in their paintings. This artist who did yours
    really did that too. How can you not smile looking at those Pug faces!!
    Congratulations on the PERFECT wedding gift! (and man!)

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

What a special guy to give such a special gift!
    This will always have a 'Double Meaning' for you to treasure.

jane

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Jane is right! How wonderful that it will have a double meaning. Your guy sounds like a wonderful man. Then again, he is lucky to get such a wonderful woman.

• milosmom_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you :). I was so thrilled with it , I just had to share with somebody before I popped. LOL

In case anyone is wondering, here is the original picture which the painting was done off of.
    I do Christmas portraits of the boys every year and this one is from 08.

You can tell where the treats were by following the eyes... LOL

• jaybird
    13 years ago

What a great picture and a lovely wedding gift!!
    Thank you so much for sharing....I'm counting for you too!!
    J

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

This is great and agree with all the above. Thanks for helping us count down....

Punk

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

He sounds like an amazing person, thoughtful and generous!! How fortuante that you found each other.
    Can't wait to see wedding pictures as everything you have shared up to now has been so beautiful.

TFS,
    Candy

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

What a sweet guy . . . he's sure a keeper! Love, love, love the painting of your "boys"! Those big eyes of theirs make you want to pick them up and cuddle them. My Tibetan Spaniel has them, too. They make for such winsome faces, don't they?
    OK now, how many days until your wedding?????
    Lynn

• milosmom_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

23 days!! :)
    Those big eyes were absolutly made for suckering the humans in. LOL
    All of them have figured that out and use it regularly (esp the black one who isn't called Demon Drago for nothing...lol).

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Oh my gosh, it's coming quickly now!

"those eyes were absolutely made for suckering the humans in" . . . how right you are! All my little Chloe has to do is look up at me with her big eyes, and I totally melt. I just love that sweet little girl! Here's one pic I took of her trying to sweet-talk DH into taking her for a walk . . . and she got it!
    {{gwi:1436690}}
    Lynn

• milosmom_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lynn:
    Chloe is soooo pretty!!

Sponsored
More Discussions