Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonnieann925

Yellow roses

bonnieann925
13 years ago

My wonderful hubby brought home some gorgeous yellow roses yesterday (he's very thoughtful and loves to buy flowers!)We're having DH's wonderful turkey burgers w/ whole wheat buns, fresh corn on the cob,DH's home-made guacamole and home-made apple crisp (my contribution!) w/ ice cream.

Our middle daughter will be joining us, so it will be a late dinner:

Apple crisp, stil hot out of the oven:

Comments (8)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

What time should I be there? Sounds so yummy and now I'm starving!
    Plus YELLOW roses are my favorite rose. (go figure when I normally don't like anything yellow! Tho I'm being converted slowly by the gang here to appreciate it, along with pink.)

Give that good hubby an extra hug.
    Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Mmmmm....lucky you, bonnie! Flowers are gorgeous & the meal sounds wonderful! enjoy! TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Beautiful flowers Bonnie..
    What a thoughful DH...and he cooks too!
    Your meal sounds wonderful...enjoy!

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Could he give my DH some lessons on both the cooking and bringing home pretty bouquets of roses????? They are beautiful, and your apple crisp sounds yummy. I splurged tonight and made a pan of brownies--try not to do that too often since neither DH or I need the calories! ;o(

Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Bonnie, beautiful yellow roses. Did DH bring you yellow and red before today? I love apple crisp and yours looks great. I order some mac apples and they will be in this week. Hoping to do some healthier eating in between my junk food and meals.LOL

Punk

• bonnieann925
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for you kind comments!

DH brought me yellow roses and then combined a few of them w/ the red from our garden to make a bouquet for the kitchen counter. Re:apples... We live near apple country so these are native apples and are SOOOO good!

Cooking lessons.....sure! Necessity is the mother of invention. Since I now work full-time IF my hubby wants to eat he knows he has to do most of the cooking. He's out in the kitchen cooking now while I catch up here.

He was "trained" early on by living on his own in a bachelor pad before we were married. We're also members of a gourmet food club, where several "real" men cook, so it's not at all taboo in our group of friends. For that, I'm thankful!

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Ahhhh Texas roses :^)
    Be thankful for a DH who cooks...mine talks a lot about how he USED to cook........ahem.........
    Would you share your apple crisp recipe? I have some local apples that I would like to bake with, and we are tired of apple pie....
    Thank you so much,
    J

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Very nice, Bannie . . .not only the roses but a sweet DH who brings you them AND cooks!!!
    BTW, I've always loved those yellow and blue dishes of yours.
    Lynn

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor
More Discussions