Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow roses

Posted by bonnieann925 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 26, 10 at 18:34

My wonderful hubby brought home some gorgeous yellow roses yesterday (he's very thoughtful and loves to buy flowers!)We're having DH's wonderful turkey burgers w/ whole wheat buns, fresh corn on the cob,DH's home-made guacamole and home-made apple crisp (my contribution!) w/ ice cream.

Our middle daughter will be joining us, so it will be a late dinner:

Photobucket

Apple crisp, stil hot out of the oven:
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow roses

What time should I be there? Sounds so yummy and now I'm starving!
Plus YELLOW roses are my favorite rose. (go figure when I normally don't like anything yellow! Tho I'm being converted slowly by the gang here to appreciate it, along with pink.)

Give that good hubby an extra hug.
Karen

o

Mmmmm....lucky you, bonnie! Flowers are gorgeous & the meal sounds wonderful! enjoy! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Beautiful flowers Bonnie..
What a thoughful DH...and he cooks too!
Your meal sounds wonderful...enjoy!

jane

o

Could he give my DH some lessons on both the cooking and bringing home pretty bouquets of roses????? They are beautiful, and your apple crisp sounds yummy. I splurged tonight and made a pan of brownies--try not to do that too often since neither DH or I need the calories! ;o(

Luvs

o

Bonnie, beautiful yellow roses. Did DH bring you yellow and red before today? I love apple crisp and yours looks great. I order some mac apples and they will be in this week. Hoping to do some healthier eating in between my junk food and meals.LOL

Punk

o

Thank you for you kind comments!

DH brought me yellow roses and then combined a few of them w/ the red from our garden to make a bouquet for the kitchen counter. Re:apples... We live near apple country so these are native apples and are SOOOO good!

Cooking lessons.....sure! Necessity is the mother of invention. Since I now work full-time IF my hubby wants to eat he knows he has to do most of the cooking. He's out in the kitchen cooking now while I catch up here.

He was "trained" early on by living on his own in a bachelor pad before we were married. We're also members of a gourmet food club, where several "real" men cook, so it's not at all taboo in our group of friends. For that, I'm thankful!

o

Ahhhh Texas roses :^)
Be thankful for a DH who cooks...mine talks a lot about how he USED to cook........ahem.........
Would you share your apple crisp recipe? I have some local apples that I would like to bake with, and we are tired of apple pie....
Thank you so much,
J

o

Very nice, Bannie . . .not only the roses but a sweet DH who brings you them AND cooks!!!
BTW, I've always loved those yellow and blue dishes of yours.
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here