Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does Any Know What This Is?

Posted by creativeangel (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 18:30

I purchased this at a thrift store for $2.00.

It doesn't look like it's ever been used.
There were no instructions.
I thought I could find something on the internet but no luck doing google, Elite and eBay searches. I haven't been able to find anything similar.

I thought maybe a crepe maker?
It has a very shallow area for cooking...maybe 1/8 inch.

Any ideas?

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does Any Know What This Is?

It's a pizelle maker!

o

Well, Lord Luv a Duck...learn something new every day.

Thanks!!

I did a google search and found blogs specifically for this.

It looks like this is going to be my new favorite toy.

o

I was thinking crepe maker too. So glad Paintergirl came to your rescue and could let us in on it's purpose. I'll bet you will enjoy this little goodie. I have made some waffle cookies for the holidays a few years ago.

Paintergirl, please come back and tell us what you paint. We have a painting forum and would love to have you join us there. I haven't painted much lately but sure love to see what all the others are painting.

Punk

o
Pizzelle Blog

This looks like a pretty good blog for lots of recipes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pizzelle Blog

o

Yep...Take it from an 'Italian' here... it's a
Pizelle Maker..
It's a tradition in our family to make them every Christmas/Easter..the only problem...
they're like Potato Chips...you can't eat just one!!

A tip when you make them...Cool Completely and store them in a box..or large Tin Container, with Wax Paper... not a plastic container...
They will stay crisper that way and not soften...

jane

o

jane,

Thanks for the tips.

Wanna share your favorite recipes?

o

Phone girl, I love pizelles, they're a tradition in my family, too. Like Slinkey, I am Italian. I have never made them myself. I can paint -- bake, not so much.
The other morning, my son asks me if Dad is awake yet. I said no, why? He said because I want an omelette for breakfast. I say, OK, I'll make you one. He has this very weird look on his face. What's the matter, I ask. He says do you know how to make those?
Anyway, Creativeangel, enjoy your new toy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here