Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

My new tea kettle finds a spot

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

I'm slowly progressing with my fall decorating. This oak china cabinet in in one end of my sunroom. I thought pairing my new DS mugs with the the cookie jar tea kettle was good fit. I added my few acorn accessories in too. Don't know why I added the squirrel, he was just too darn cute, guess he's after the acorns.

Frou

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That is a wonderful vignette, Frou! And of course you HAD to include the squirrel. He even matches the leaves in the teapot! I especially like how you did the wall arrangement.

hugs, Karen

• luckygal
    13 years ago

That's a great vignette and now I definitely will be repurposing my black cast iron tea kettle which currently holds kitchen utensils. Thanks for the inspiration!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I also love that cookie jar tea kettle arrangement & the little squirrel is perfect beside it! The colors in your checkered linen shouts "Fall" & I am loving the rusty cloth leaf...is that a recent find? I would love to find some (instead of making them...my list grows too long!) DS's gift works wonderfully on the china cabinet. Wonderful, frou...TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

You know I love this picture with all those neat acorn items! ;o) I think your little squirrel is perfect there, and I really like your fall colored scarf--such a pretty combination of colors. Luvs

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

That looks so pretty! "Luv" those hanging acorns, I have them too! :)

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Frou,
    Fabulous fall vignette! Mr. Squirrel is perfect there!
    I really like how your tea kettle turned out.

Jeanne, they have those leaf placemats at Big Lots and Walmart.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Frou, wonderful choices on this and it turned out beautiful. I love those metal hanging acorns. Your squirrel is cute and your arrangement looks great in the cookie jar tea kettle.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Frou, Your vignette is wonderful! I like those acorns too. The little squirrel next to the tea pot is charming. I love it all!
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Jeanne, Candy is right on the money. The leaf placemat came from Wally World, and your right, who has time to make them from scratch. I use to sew all the time, but fabric has gotten so expensive, it's more affordable to buy it ready made. The placemat is some sort of faux suedey fabric and would have been $10.00 a yard at least.
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Just beautiful Frou! Love the bell acorns....too pretty! And all of your mugs, etc. go so well together....and the squirrel just finishes off the whole vignette! Great job!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions