Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new tea kettle finds a spot

Posted by excessfroufrou (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 30, 10 at 17:51

I'm slowly progressing with my fall decorating. This oak china cabinet in in one end of my sunroom. I thought pairing my new DS mugs with the the cookie jar tea kettle was good fit. I added my few acorn accessories in too. Don't know why I added the squirrel, he was just too darn cute, guess he's after the acorns.
Frou

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new tea kettle finds a spot

That is a wonderful vignette, Frou! And of course you HAD to include the squirrel. He even matches the leaves in the teapot! I especially like how you did the wall arrangement.

hugs, Karen

o

That's a great vignette and now I definitely will be repurposing my black cast iron tea kettle which currently holds kitchen utensils. Thanks for the inspiration!

o

I also love that cookie jar tea kettle arrangement & the little squirrel is perfect beside it! The colors in your checkered linen shouts "Fall" & I am loving the rusty cloth leaf...is that a recent find? I would love to find some (instead of making them...my list grows too long!) DS's gift works wonderfully on the china cabinet. Wonderful, frou...TFS! Jeanne S.

o

You know I love this picture with all those neat acorn items! ;o) I think your little squirrel is perfect there, and I really like your fall colored scarf--such a pretty combination of colors. Luvs

o

That looks so pretty! "Luv" those hanging acorns, I have them too! :)

o

Frou,
Fabulous fall vignette! Mr. Squirrel is perfect there!
I really like how your tea kettle turned out.

Jeanne, they have those leaf placemats at Big Lots and Walmart.

TFS,
Candy

o

Frou, wonderful choices on this and it turned out beautiful. I love those metal hanging acorns. Your squirrel is cute and your arrangement looks great in the cookie jar tea kettle.

Punk

o

Frou, Your vignette is wonderful! I like those acorns too. The little squirrel next to the tea pot is charming. I love it all!
NanaKaren

o

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Jeanne, Candy is right on the money. The leaf placemat came from Wally World, and your right, who has time to make them from scratch. I use to sew all the time, but fabric has gotten so expensive, it's more affordable to buy it ready made. The placemat is some sort of faux suedey fabric and would have been $10.00 a yard at least.
Frou

o

Just beautiful Frou! Love the bell acorns....too pretty! And all of your mugs, etc. go so well together....and the squirrel just finishes off the whole vignette! Great job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here