Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Hanging on to Summer Table

kathleen_li
13 years ago

Still sunny and warm here this week, so I did a table with some chiars I found st Savers.

Thanks for looking!

Here is a link that might be useful: Red and white

Comments (15)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I like all the red and white (and your 80 degrees, which I won't get till Halloween). The little chairs are adorable!
    But what really tickled my fancy was your salt and pepper set. Too cute!

And you were right on with your blog comment about "sweating while dragging out the Fall stuff". LOL.
    I was out in the store-room looking for two bins that should been up front and were in the back behind Christmas stuff. So once I found the bins, I left them on back porch and came in to take a shower. But the pretty Fall colors will help take my mind off the heat.

hugs, Karen

• paintergirl94
    13 years ago

Kathleen, your table-scape is very creative, but what I really like is your blog. I have been working on one for the past 4 days. So, I have been practicing posting and trying to figure out widgets and what-nots... It's exhausting.

My husband really liked the rooster napkin, btw. Your site looks very professional.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

It's a summer table for sure. I bet the red and white fabric looks terrific on your outdoor cushions. Looks good as a tablecloth too.

The salt and pepper shakers are super. I know what you mean about holding on to summer. I'm actually ready to let it go, but the hot weather makes it pretty difficult to think about fall yet.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I meant chairs! grrr.
    Thank you, Karen. I meant to use those in a scape and never got to it. So I had to work it in before I pack away summer!

Thank you, Paintergirl. Good luck with your blog, be sure to let me know the name so I can come visit.
    If I can be of any help, please ask.

OA, at the price I paid for that fabric I can use it outside at Cmas and not worry about them getting snowed on! Actually, they wash well. That fabric is OLD! And thank you!
    I imagine people who have mild climates all year are ready for a change. I love Fall, but what follows here seems to go on forever, and I see no need to rush it!

Next week will be soon enough! I plan to eke out one more summerish table! Then on to Fall, cause you know everyone will start showing Christmas. Poor Thanksgiving!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Kathleen, what a pretty table. Love all your dishes and your cups are so neat. The S & P shakers are so cute. I also liked your Pfaltzgraff placemats with this setting on your bargain red and white striped fabric. You always come up with great dishes and access. on your tables.

Enjoyed seeing part of your beautiful yard too on this post. I'm glad some of you have warm weather to enjoy longer than we do. Today it is still in the 70's here. Sunny and beautiful so I spent alot of time outside swinging with DGD. That kind of weather hasn't been happening enough around here.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Punk!
    Our weather usually stays pretty mild till Oct. I enjoy every minute of it!
    Sounds like you had a great day with your dgd!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Beautiful summery table, Kathleen...when I saw the first pic & glasses with straw, I thought "Rootbeer Float!" ... wouldn't that be good in those glasses on a hot summer day! Love the red & white beach chairs ...& the whole R&W color scheme. Your dishes are lovely ...like how you use diff shapes & textures...& super bargains $$$! Summery here yet, too...but I've been bringing out "apple" decor...tis the season for good apple pickin'! TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

You already heard from me...but I'll comment again...
    Loved Every Bit of It...

I was at CTS today... and was a shopping fool!
    So many cute Halloween and Fall things. DH was with me...and kept 'cramping my style'... I sent
    him off to buy a slice of pizza for himself so I could shop in peace....

jane

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Jane! I am going tomorrow. My sis is here from TX and wants to go, so all 3 sisters will be on the loose! :)
    I am not buying, just returning! ???

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

HaHaHa...Let me know what you 'Bring Back Home' that you Returned !!

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I agree, hang onto summer just as long as you can! And fall too--those snow filled winters seem to last a long time! Very pretty table and the little chairs were such a cute find. Darling salt/pepper shakers too. As always, everything looks wonderful. Luvs

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Kathleen, it's all sooooo cute, you have an amazing talent for putting all the right things together, all of the time!

I just love it all.

We here in the midwest are having an unusually hot year, it was 80 yesterday & didn't bother me a bit. Today, very sunny & summery too.

Only thing is, no rain & our front yard grass is all dying! Grrrr.

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Hanging on to summer..............uh no, we just can't get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The table is wonderful, it's RED!!!!!
    I agree with you about them losing Thanksgiving and it infuriates me every year!! I am not a halloween person, so I can start Thanksgiving on the first cool day and keep it going all the way to December ;^)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

LOL, JB, "Hanging on to summer..............uh no, we just can't get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
    my sentiments exactly.

As much as I love Christmas, it really bugs me to see so much of it for sale in stores BEFORE Halloween even gets here. And then they start doing the music and everything
    for sure right after. Thanksgiving is almost lost when it comes to retailers and the advertising folks. I hate that. Even tho I love looking at Christmas pictures, or finding special goodies at thrift stores any time of year,
    I want to see Fall and Thanksgiving celebrated more.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I understand people who have such hot weather wanting it to leave! But here, I don't get rushing summer away, as what follows Fall is looong and cold! :(

Sponsored
More Discussions