Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
farmgirl06

Any recommendations for a good/inexpensive LED Christmas tree?

Farmgirl06
10 years ago

Last year, my prelit Christmas tree had several light strands magically quit working while it was stored. It was only 4 yrs old. Has anyone had experience with any of the online companies? I found an older thread where Balsam Hill was rated poorly. I'd like to hear of people's experiences with LED trees now that they've been on the market for several years. Do LED trees really last longer than regular prelit trees? I'm looking for a reasonable middle of the line tree from a reliable company. It doesn't need to be the most expensive because I cover my main tree with over 300 ornaments and even a cheaper tree looks really full that way. But I do want one that I can rely on to last for several years.

Comments (2)

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Hi,

I own a pre-lit Christmas tree and the second year, part of the lights on the tree stopped working also. I do love the convenience of pre-lit trees, but i think the next time i buy a tree, it will not be a pre-lit. I have had many experiences with family and friends with light segments going out on their trees, so my suggestion to you would be to buy a tree without lights. It is slightly more work to set up, but at least if a strand of lights goes out, all you have to do is buy a new strand. Also, it would allow you to change light strand colors year to year. Everyone has there own tastes, but when it comes to Christmas lights, in my opinion, there is nothing like the traditional incandescent (regular not LED). LED tend to glare while Incandescent Christmas lights give a sparkling golden glow. Also when it comes to light strand life, I have had about the same luck with LED as regular incandescent. Most light strands today are made so that if one light bulb goes out, the rest stay lit. But I still have issues with light strands because light bulbs burning out are only one of many problems with light strands. My most common problems are missing light bulbs, broken light bulbs, or having a short in the light strand.

So my advice to you would be to get a regular artificial tree and put the lights on manually, then if a strand goes out, you won't feel bad because it will be easily replaced : )

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Welcome Farmgirl, I know how hard it is to have a string of lights give up on the tree. So far I've bought mine for home from Target and haven't had an issue. Most of the stores around here have 50% off the trees around Thanksgiving.

I did have one string on the white office tree quit and we just added colored lights for the different Holidays to take the place. This one came from Walmart. We moved locations and don't have the big display window to decorate this year.Sigh!

I'm not one to spend hundreds of $$$ on a tree. I just plan on replacing as need b. Good Luck and I hope you find a source soon.

Punk

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions