Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Fall/Holiday Finds (+) from MN Vac

jeannespines
12 years ago

DH & I hit a couple thrift shops & some really nice specialty stores while camping at the lake in MN. As you can imagine my shopping traits have changed a bit since coming on this forum...so here's some more 'runners' & 'placemats:'

Watermelon $2 at TS..won't that look just dandy on the buffet w/Dollbaby's summer outfit!

And 6 denim placemats & 3 Fall colored ones ... all $1 each...I can hardly pass up placemats anymore if they're $1 or less! (now I must re-organize the buffet drawers...they are getting mighty full of linens!)

The print is a Robert Duncan ($8) instead of retail ($20)...he's the artist of my snowy farm Winter scene I use above my buffet in the Winter..love his works!

And then in a specialty shop I saw a leather placemat that I fell for hard! So I asked if they had a runner like it & they did...I spurgled for my Fall decor & bought it..brand new new!

Here's what it looks like ... the casserole dish I bought at a TS...as I never see that pottery pattern & I have the little glasses that we use for everyday (I set one beside it) ... at another TS this bottle $4 called to me because of the colors & the rope decor around the top...(& in the backgrd I could here voices from 'Enablers R Us!') The bottom of the bottle (very heavy) is embedded with "Formalities by Baum Bros, IM ...Made in Philippines:

Also I found this TS mirror w/gold colored frame $4 (tho plastic) that I will use for t'scaping decor...& some Christmas tree ornies (25% off), Mercury Glass ornie (25% off) ...some TS silver napkin rings (4 for $2), a 50% off pewter tree frame (I love it!)...I can replace the back easel on it that was broken off) & a bar of Toasted Hazelnut B&B Works soap! Ummmmmm! Sorry...just had to share the details! LOL!

Here's a closer view of those tree ornies & napkin rings:

& a close-up of the pretty pewter tree frame:

Ok, that's it! Thanks for lookin' & lettin' me raaa-amble on! A good vacation! Jeanne S.

Comments (9)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne, you made a HAUL. A lot of great stuff there. The leather tablerunner is so perfect for you! And that pottery casserole dish too!

How neat to find a print so cheap by a favored artist. And the pitcher in the top photo is very cool.

Isn't it wonderful how the Enablers R Us wind us up and send us shopping....LOL

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne..great shopping finds! - ALL are so your style too.
    Great leather tablerunner..never saw one like it before - very unique. Nice that you found a print in a different Season, from an artist you admire. Kind of like the two of mine - Winter & Fall. Your casserole looks like a perfect match for your glasses..and I'm eyeing those ornies - They're beauties... Love their color.
    It's nice to go on Vacation...even nicer when you get in some great shopping along the way!!
    You & fellow enabler - Karen...are sending out STRONG vibes for me to get out and SHOP!!
    jane

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jane...remember a long time ago you had a pink t'cloth that you had made & I mentioned that I made one of my girls a prom dress from the same fabric...well, here's a pic of my girls ...the bride celebrated their 25th anniv. this yr! Can you believe it! Candy's pretty rose table prompted my memory of this!

Now, GO SHOPPING, Jane!
    Karen...thanks! That shopper graphic is a hoot! LOL! & that pitcher you mention was the beg purchase of my new 'every day dishes'...thanking 'Enablers 'R Us' on here! LOL!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

First off I have to say Karen's graphic of the wind up shopper just cracked me up! LOL

Lots of good finds Jeanne, bet each one had you excited. That frame is really neat, and I love that you found a casserole dish that matches your glasses. Those tree ornaments are a perfect color to use for fall too I think. All your finds are just great, so glad you had such a fun time on vacation. Luvs

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne...what beautiful Girls..you must be so proud.
    They look so sweet too.
    I see that pink fabric! Wow...yes similar to my TC.
    Makes me laugh thinking of Gone With The Wind..
    and her dress made from the drapes!!
    I also picture Carol Burnett doing that skit on her show. That was a real riot.
    By the way...lovely sewing job on the dress!
    jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jane, funny you mentioned that Carol Burnette episode. I just watched it recently on YouTube. I miss her shows so much, but at least they can be seen this way.

I was looking for a shopping lady graphic and when I saw the one that 'winds up' I cracked up at how perfect she is for us here. Maybe we should adopt her as our mascot for shopping trips. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

GREAT finds while on vacation!!!! - My most favorite vacas are not the 'touristy' traps but the flea markets and junk shops along the way.
    The picture of your daughters is so very pretty - what memories
    The GWTW scene on the Carol Burnette Show - CLASSIC CLASSIC TV comedy
    I can always count on getting a big smile and tons of inspiration everytime I come onto this forum Thanks Enablers-R-Us .......

Lynne

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne, You got some wonderful things on your vacation. Your girls are lovely. My older daughter had her 25th anniversary this year. Seeing yours brings back memories of her wedding. Time goes so fast.

Marylee

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, not sure where to start! Love all your new finds. The watermelon runner is so pretty and will go so well with Doll Baby's outfit. Sweet print and yes we can all use more pm.haha

That leather runner is so neat and your new finds go super with it. New mirror tray and all the goodies will be fun to see when you use them this fall and winter. You done GOOD!

Beautiful daughters and that dress you made is wonderful. I think it would look great in an old fashioned brown tone picture with all the lace on it. Bet you could put the rest of a picture together and make it happen.LOL

Punk