Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Apple Season

nana2010_gw
10 years ago

A few days ago I was looking through my stash of placemats and found these. I got them at my favorite/ts about 2yrs ago.
Since it is apple season and Kathleen having her apple challenge I decided to put them to use.

From 2013-09-25 (by Eye-Fi)

There is nothing new on this table and probably everything has been featured on a table in the past.

Apples are so versatile aren't they? There's apple pie, apple cider, caramel apples, and they are so good to eat.
Yum
TFLookin
Nana
PS:
There is a bill board in my town asking if you can name 5 kinds of apples..I never realized there are so many varieties.
How many can you name??

Comments (5)

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Nana...this table speaks - Granny Smith! lol
    Love the apple green tablecloth, pretty floral CP and your plate layering. Espec those pretty apple plates and how you used all the colors from your placemats...including the green glassware, bright colored napkins and yellow rings. Everything goes so well together.
    Don't you love when you find something you bought and forgot you had it? Now that I'm packing more things away, I'm finding stuff I completely forgot about!
    Hmmm different kinds of Apples > Never thought about all the diferent types before...I like Rome for baking,
    then there's McIntosh, Braeburn, Gala, Winesap, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Granny Smith..
    AND just about ANYTHING apple..I love ALL baked apple dishes!! Now my mouth is watering...lol

Enjoyed your table Nana and the 'Apple Quiz' !
    Thanks
    jane

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Nana, I too love this bright table and I also love apples! It's wonderful how you layered your dishes on the apple place mats. I have alot of apple place mats that DD gave me. I think yours are prettier tho. She has one of her kitchens decorated in apple decor but is never there to set a table so I got all of them.

The top apple plates are so pretty. The green glasses on the yellow coasters, red flatware and napkins w/yellow napkin rings. Wow! The pitcher for the cp is awesome and looks alot like my Spode on my last ts. Love the sunflowers and apples around it.

My favorite eating apples are Pink Lady since they came out. Before that I use to like Honeycrisp, Macs and Johnathans. My favorite baking apples are transparents.

BTW, I checked the web and there are more than 7500 varieties of apples grown worldwide, and more than 2500 of those are grown in the United States..

Hope life finally slowed down alittle for you. Great to have u back.

Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Perfect placemats, nana! Apples are in abundance here this year ...even our oldest couple trees of 40 yrs are overloaded! & the Yellow & Red Delicious young tree even had many!! This is the 1st yr of picking from the Delicious...& boy, they live up to their name!

I am lovin' your 'lime' tablecloth...perfect again for an apple t'scape! Pretty dishes ... one of those tables that just make ya smile! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

What a perfectly delightful table! I'd be smiling the whole time I sat there. I love everything single thing about it!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank all for your sweet comments.
    Jane the tc isn't quite as vibrant in real life, but it is bright.
    Geez, Punk I had no idea there are so many varieties of apples.
    The name on the bottom of the pitcher is blurred so I cant' make out the manufactures name.
    I didn't notice until I posted the pictures that the wheat is leaning to the side, maybe a strong breeze came through when I was out of the room haha.
    Nana

Sponsored
More Discussions