Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not exactly tableware, but close!

Posted by marlene_2008 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 15:44

Since they're plates, I figured I could get away with sharing them with you anyway. My DH and I always go to the Route 11 Yard Crawl in Virginia each summer and this year these Peppercreek Grove plates were one of my scores. I saw them and fell in love with them....love the type of scenes on them. I asked the lady how much she wanted for them and she said $8 for the whole set...that's a buck a plate...sooooo, I grabbed them up and hugged them all the way home! I looked online and these bad boys sell for anywhere from $200-$300 for the set!!! Are you kidding me?? I LOVE it when I get that sort of deal! I have the two fall ones out on display right now and love the way they look. Just wanted to share them with you~

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not exactly tableware, but close!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really did GREAT!! I would hugged them also all the way home. They'll look great on your table.

o

I LOVE those!

o

First thing I said when I saw them was 'Charles Wysocki'!!
Love his work..similar to Grandma Moses...Those plates
certainly were a SUPER score! Good for you. I'm jealous..
but can you see me smiling for you!! lol
Enjoy them for each season to come.
jane

o

Marlene, those plates are Beautiful and the perfect price!!! Love it when a good deal comes our way and makes us feel like it's one of our childhood Christmas's all over again. So glad you shared these beauties with us. I just keep going back and looking at all the details and love them.

Punk

o

Holy Purple Cow....that was one fantastic find!!!
No wonder you hugged them all the way home. ;o)
They are going to be such fun to decorate with!

hugs, Karen

o

Score!!
What a great deal and so cool that you were able to get the entire set.

Definitely not to eat with, but sure great for decorating!

What a great feeling to get such a super deal.
Makes me smile for you!

Congratulations on your steal, LOL

Candy

o

I could just hear the excitement in your post,Marlene. What a great bargain. It's neat that they are decorated for the seasons, will be fun swapping them out all year. Congrats on your find and at such an amazing price. Luvs

o

Just wonderful, Marlene!
Please share how you are going to use them.
Nana

o

Oh, don't we all LOVE a great bargain!!!
Those are just beautiful, Marlene! Good eye, woman!
Sounds like a fun day, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Nana~

So far, I've used them on plate stands in my kitchen hutch. I just changed over to the fall plates. I really love the way they look too. Thanks for all of the compliments ladies!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here