Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Fall Apple Vignettes 9.10 (pic heavy)

jeannespines
13 years ago

Back from vacation at the lake in MN...was Fall weather there, for sure! So I did some Fall apple vignettes here at home & added some of my vacation finds!

Here's Dollybaby vignette (she sits by my buffet):

{{gwi:1435878}}

A new hat from TS for 50 cts & added an apple pin I had in my jewelry junk:

{{gwi:1435879}}

This burgandy cup had a melted candle in it ... 39 cts. TS find ...added cinnamon stick & ready for some Hot Cider on this cool afternoon...the cup plate used to be a soap holder in bath. The basket I had on hand & added some faux apples:

Here's the buffet vignette ... apple season time. This print I got some yrs ago from Tenderhearts catalog...it's one of my favs...I need some more little faux apples for my jar. The stems in the wall basket are faux but I added some of my "grasses" from my gardens to fill it out:

Here's one side of buffet top...used that green teapot again (color is actually darker & cups, too)...the platter & cups from GS Gabriel pottery found this Spring. That small ivy planter I found at antique store for $8 on our way home...added it to my collection of 3 Royal Copley planters:

Here's other side of buffet ... basket with napkins (I need to add more...but must "iron" (ugh) some)...and a leaf plate I use on the porch:

And here's the table centerpc:

It needs "tweeking!" ... will try some apple poporrui (when I shop again) instead of glass half-marble thing-y's & would like to find a wine apple colored plate or charger instead of the wood one. Used another Gabriel pottery platter undle the hurricane glass & the "bird" is a recent $3 find at Gordman's.

And the last pics are my Fall apple vignette on the porch...my gourd apples I grew a few yrs back & painted (on top of Hoosier cabinet) with a wonderful basket I found at an antique store some time ago:

I'll add more Fall decor to the enamel top in Oct.

Close-up:

TFLookin! Jeanne S.

Comments (14)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Oh, Jeanne! I think the Fall apple vignette on the porch is super. I'm impressed that the apples are gourds you painted. I had to look carefully to see waht you meant when you called them gourds. And I like its arrangement just the way it is.

Dollbaby is all ready to celebrate Johnny Appleseed's birthday. I was just thinking about her the other day. No kidding. Wondered why we hadn't seen her lately.
    Love her demin outfit.

I could use that big leaf platter too. You've got some neat stuff, kiddo.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Its so fun to see Dollbaby again. Her new little hat is so cute. Everytime I see her, my heart just melts. (and I still laugh that I never liked dolls as a kid, but your Dollbaby was love at first sight.)

Hope your vacation was fun. All your apple decor looks wonderful.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Beautiful vignettes. I think the apple gourds are great and dollbaby looks darling in her outfit.
    Welcome back.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, doll baby vignette is precious. It's great that you found another piece to add to your GS Gabriel collection. Love it that you went with the red and green apples instead of the fall colors for now. Is that a platter that says "My Garden, My Heaven on your Hoosier cabinet? Looks good and goes well with your hydrangeas on the doors.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Ahhh! Love little doll baby's new outfit and how cute her little basket of apples look. She's a favorite for sure! I really love the clean look of your arrangements and how they highlight each special piece in the vignette. You've acquired some neat collectibles, and I know you have fun looking for more pieces to add. TFS

Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Jeanne...I love it ALL!
    Your baby doll in her new hat is adorable. Her cup & saucer and basket of apples, are so cute.
    I just love how you always set up your buffet. The green Teapot and Leaf plate are the perfect color for your apple theme.
    I'm so impressed with the 'gourd apples'...
    You did a fabulous job painting them, and the basket up there looks beautiful.
    Great job on everything.

jane

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ahhh, thank you holiday-ers! I've been seeing all the decor going on here & wanted to do a little Fall stuff myself! Vacation was great, thanks everyone!

OA, Candy, Jane...I planted apple gourds one season & 4 of them grew! Let them dry over winter & then painted 3 & DH drilled a hole for a bright red birdhouse that hangs in the pine trees in my Secret Garden...it's still there (3 summers now!)

Karen, punk, Jane & luvs...my Mom would be very happy to know that I am now obsessed with Dollbaby! Thanks to all you "Enablers R Us" I change her duds & high chair tray quite frequently! Thanks for your sweet comments! I did get her another $2 TS jumper (red & white checked) with tiny apples on it...in the wash now...another time. LOL!

First day of Fall is coming up this week...Wed., Sept. 22nd! (smartypants here, I Googled it!) ...so will be adding more. Thanks for your comments! Jeanne S. (& I'm itching to change the table centerpc!)

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Oh how sweet! Dollbaby is all ready for Fall.
    Love all your pretty touches! It looks very Fallish!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, kathleen!

LOL! I couldn't stand it & couldn't wait until I shop for some faux small apples ...so I changed the table centerpc just now ...used some of my Pier I "Harvest Spice Cake" Potpourri that I bought for 50% after season last yr...& changed to a metal charger I had painted a rusty brown.

From this:

...to this: *(***Ummmm, smells good, too!) LOL! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Jeanne, Dollybaby looks so cute in her denim outfit, can she come out to play? lol I love that beautiful buffet in your dining room. The apple print and the green pieces go so well in your room. Do you let the gourds dry over the winter before painting them? NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Everything is really pretty, especially doll baby. I love,love, love the apple gourds, I don't think I've seen them before. And changing the candle charger and marbles made the centerpiece much more fallish. We're hoping for a fall cool off here soon, it was 96 yesterday.
    Frou

• jaybird
    13 years ago

So many pretty things, but Dollbaby is the BEST!!! She is so cute.
    Thanks for posting,
    J

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

nana, frou & jay...thanks for your gracious comments...yes, the gourds do dry over the winter & then I clean with bleach water & paint them.

Dollybaby has been so much fun since I hopped in on this holiday forum...so many good "Enablers R Us" here! She's from my Mom who gave her to me when she was very sick...she loved dolls (I didn't)...but this Dollybaby brings me a smile on so many days! So, thanks, glad you all enjoy her, too!

punk...I see I forgot to answer..that "My Garden, My Heaven" is a metal sign I bought at HLobby (50% off garden stuff)...it was all white so I painted some of it to go with the Hoosier cabinet doors...Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, your table centerpiece went from cool to warm and I like both. I think you green gems would look good mixed with your nuts to add more color.

When you mentioned your "Harvest Spice Cake" Potpourri smelling so good it made my mouth water. I love spice cake with cream cheese frosting but don't make it very often. I just put a Yankee fall candle under my candle warmer and I love the spice smell. I turn it on when I get home and it helps take away my cooking smells and leaves a wonderful aroma.

I can't believe you painted your sign and it matches your Hoosier cabinet doors so well as do the apple gourds you painted. You really should paint more and share with us.

Punk

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County
More Discussions