Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
National Sewing Machine Day TS

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 14:19

Sept. 10 was National Sewing Machine Day so I set a table using the first sewing machine I received as a child.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It actually did sew a chain stitch, but wasn't perfect at it. Worked OK for me to make doll clothes.
I also used an old tape measure, pin cushion, child scissors that I used with the sewing machine, and pattern pieces as part of the CP.

I used small spools of thread and ribbon for the napkin rings and placed each one on an old pattern.

The plates, chargers, napkins, and tablecloth are TS treasures.

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: National Sewing Machine Day TS

Candy, this is totally delightful ! I love all the red and white, such a pretty table. Makes me smile just looking at it.
I like Happy Tables! :o)

Its pretty neat you still have that little sewing machine too.
You are just so darn creative coming up with table ideas!
hugs, Karen

o

Lovely. Brought back many old memories of my first sewing machine. I wonder what happened to it.
Mary

o

Lovely. Brought back many old memories of my first sewing machine. I wonder what happened to it.
Mary

o

Very cool table, Candy.
How great that you still have your sewing machine!
What a clever idea to use the spools for napkin rings.
The red and white color scheme is perfect.
This table is well thought out and executed perfectly.
I love it
Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Nana

o

Candy, what a sweeeeet table with your little red Sewing Machine. I had one just like that myself. Love your patterns, spools, tape measure, scissors and pin cushion you added on your ts. These are neat additions you've kept. Nice touch to finish off this table.

I think DSis still has mine. I'll have to ask her about this. Not sure why she's the one who ended up with it other than I didn't think I'd ever use it again.LOL Thanks for sharing this perfect table for Nat'l Sewing Machine Day. It should be shared across the web.

Punk

o

Ahhhh.... how did I miss National Sewing Machine Day, Candy? I'm glad you're keeping us all 'sew' up-to-date here on the forum! LOL! (you're a 'stitch,' girl!)

Ok ... really, I love this very creative t'scape! The 'pattern; pkgs under the napkins & the 'spool' ties, & 'lining' the table w/that checkered R/W t'cloth!

I may be a bit 'biased' but I love t'scapes w/memories ... & having your childhood machine still in your possession is like finding a 'needle' in a haystack! & the R/W place settings remind me of a 'quilt!'

When I think of you, candy, I think of 'ruffles' & 'frills' & like every table you share, this one is 'woven' w/love! TFS, candy! ~~Jeanne S.

o

Karen, Mary, Nana, and Punk, My DM still lives in the house where I grew up. So once I got my own home, many of my childhood toys were "returned" to me, LOL.

Some of the toys are still there as my DD's played with them when they went to Grandma's house and now the great grandkids have been able to enjoy them as well.

Jeanne, you are a "stitch" yourself, using all those sewing terms in your post!! Quite the wordsmith!

I actually was going to do a different table using a music box that looks like an old sewing machine that is covered with little mice, but I couldn't decide on the rest of the table. When I decided to use the little red machine, the table practically set itself!

Thanks again ladies. You all brighten my day!
Candy

o

by the way, Welcome to grandmamary...hope you enjoy our antics and share in our love of decorating, thrifting, whatever. :o)
Karen

o

Candy...what an adorable table.
I can't believe you still have your childhood sewing machine! Such a cute idea for a CP with the Pattern underneaith. You're so creative with the Simplicity Patterns and thread spools at ea place setting - really cute idea. Of course the Red & White theme makes everything
look so festive as well.
Love it all!

I too would like to Welcome Grandmamary...hope you enjoy it here and please join in whenever you'd like to share anything...
jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here