Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

White pumpkins and pheasant feathers

christmascandy
13 years ago

I was ready to change my sunroom table because I found these white pumpkin covered bowls at Home Goods and wanted to use them.

The tablecloth is a $3 TS find as are the napkins, .85c for all 4. The candle ring is also TS. The hammered metal chargers were $1 ea last spring at HL and the white pumpkins in the centerpiece were from ARC a couple of weeks ago.

The pheasant feathers were leftover from the fox's meal in my backyard!! We have a fox who likes to eat his dinners in our backyard as the yards around us all have dogs!! He left the tailfeathers behind last yr. so I saved then to use for something.

Sticking them in this centerpiece turned out to be the "something!"

The china is my 40 yr. old wedding china and the crystal came from TJ Maxx probably 25 yrs ago. The silverware was DH's mothers. She died long before I met him so I don't refer to her as my MIL.

The leaf placemats came from Big Lots this year and the candlesticks are ones I have used before.

It is a more elegant looking table than I usually do, but I wanted to stay with the cream/white/silver color scheme with just the rust colored placemats for a punch of color.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (22)

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Elegant & GORGEOUS, I love it, love the white pumpkins, the red accents, the feathers, all of it!!!! You've been busy!!!!

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Wow, what a beautiful, elegant table, Candy! Yachter's right, those white pumpkins are gorgeous! The silver stems on them make them so much prettier than if they'd been a brown. They were just begging to be paired with your lovely silver and white accessories. Ahhhhh!
    Lynn

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Absolutely GORGEOUS! To pair those leaf mats with this setting was the perfect touch. WOW. Love this table, and the neat way you did your napkins too!

Seems Mr Fox is trying to help you accessorize!

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Very classy, CC. That's a wonderful centerpiece. Love, love, love the white pumpkins.

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

That is so pretty! I am not an orange fan, so the white really calls to me! The pumpkins are beautiful! I guess Jane and I better get ours out! We have the same ones, from CTS.
    You did a great job!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ok, candy...I need to know! Did you hang from the ceiling to take that last pic ... what a vantage point! Certainly gives the full view! Well, maybe you have a tall ladder or a second story floor visible to this room. LOL!

Anyway, I LOVE the elegance of this table! The covered pumpkins are my fav & the "punch" of the rust leaf placemats! Beautiful! Great buys on the linens & very nice napkin arrangement. Glassware & china are perfect for elegant feel...and your DH's Mom's silverware, too. Great $$$ bargains...& even the free pheasant feathers add the finishing touch! I don't think I could wear my witch's hat to dine here! TFS!
    Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

CANDY...GET YOURSELF DOWN OFF THE ROOF!

:p)

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks,
    I was so excited to use those pumpkin bowls once I found them and I had just bought the white pumpkins at ARC and then I started thinking about my china and crystal....

I had seen a beautiful table on Rate My Space last year and had been looking for some covered pumpkin bowls since seeing the one on RMS. I had just found the white pumpkins at ARC, so I bought the white bowls. They also had some in a terra cota color and a taupe color, but I thought the white would be more striking.

Then I had the pheasant feathers and just started shopping around my house for the muted tone items I used for the rest. Of course, I buy lots of tablecloths and napkins when they are 1/2 price at the TS, so my linen closet has been growing in content!!LOL I throw them into the washer as soon as I get them home, cause of all the bedbug scare now.

TTFN,
    Candy

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

Absolutly STUNNING!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I actually just stand on the chair and hold the camera over the table to take the overview pictures.

I don't get on the roof until I hang my Christmas decor outside. LOL

Thanks for the compliments, you are all great (even if you are the biggest bunch of enablers ever!!)

TTFN,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy your table is just beautiful.
    The white pumpkins make such an elegant statement, and
    your leaf placemats are just lovely. Such great buys.
    I really like the white pumpkin centerpiece for both it's shape and size and your candle holders are a nice touch.

I was laughing over Karen...'Get Yourself Down From The Roof'... I was wondering where the heck you stood for that overhead shot too!! lol

kathleen...Did you take out your white pumpkin bowls?
    I just did the other day - doing my indoor decos... I was also thinking of Betty from last year, and how excited she was over hers. Hope she 'pops' in soon... I miss her.

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Really a pretty table, Candy, and your new pumpkin bowls go so well with your china. Love the way you did the centerpiece and those leaf mats really add a nice pop of color. Great job getting those overhead shots of the table, really allows us to get the full effect. Do not expect to see me doing that--I'd still be too darn short even standing on a chair! LOL

Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

You lucky girl, I have always loved those white pumpkin tureens. You did a great job, I think white and cream work so well together.
    Frou

• luckygal
    13 years ago

That's a wonderful tablesetting Candy! I do think you've 'out-Martha'd' Martha! I love the silver stems on the pumpkins.

Your rusty red placemats look similar to my green ones - are they faux suede?

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jane,
    I wasn't on here last year, so I hope you will share pictures of your white bowls.

Luvs,
    how about a tall stool? LOL

Frou,
    I think the napkin between the bowls and the china let them work together. Otherwise, it kind of clashed.

Lucky,
    Yes, they are and they had gold, rust, burgundy, and green, but I thought the rust would work for this table and to go with my Thanksgiving plates later on.

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

I love your beautiful table, Candy. You are so good at making wonderful centerpieces to go with each one. You also know what to buy to make each one special. Keep up the great tablescaping.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

SO ELEGANT!!! Candy, I just don't know what else to say, except what everyone has else said!!!
    NanaKaren

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Ahhhhh perfectly beautiful!!
    LOL @ Karen!!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us!

• User
    13 years ago

Very nice! I love pheasant feathers and think they looks great with all the creamy white.

• dishcindee
    13 years ago

Candy, I truly love this tablescape! Everyone else has about used up the superlatives, but wow! elegant & so welcoming at once.
    I even think we have the same china, "Moonspun" by Lenox?
    You've given me great inspiration to try something like this for a little celebration comming up later this month.

thanks for posting, Candy! dishcindee

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

VERY ELEGANT! Love all of your accessories!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks again for the compliments.
    The china is actually Noritake's "Colony" pattern. I liked it because I thought it was classic and elegant and would go with anything and 40 years later, I still feel the same.
    Of course 40 years ago, I never envisioned the dish collector I would become, thanks to this group, LOL.

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions