Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Milk Glass Vase

Posted by nana2010 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 18, 11 at 14:08

This is the lovely Milk Vase that our dear Karen sent me.
It was so thoughtful of her...and the fact that is a family heirloom makes it that much more special to me!
I will be using it very soon on a table. Stay Tuned.
Thank You again, Karen
Nana

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Milk Glass Vase

Lovely and how thoughtful of Karen!

o

Karen is very thoughtful like that, and I'm sure she knew you would find a way to use it in one of your lovely tablescapes. I like the "wavy" shape of it--very pretty. Luvs

o

Thank you, Nana. I'm so glad you are enjoying it. After a little "research", I found its an older (1950s) Fenton Hobnail one. (I saw one on eBay, one time! Tho there is a similar later version that's easy to find.)
My Mom had it, from her mother, then I got it. Even tho I love milkglass, I never 'collected' it and this was
the only piece I had. I think I used it only once in a vignette, its mostly been tucked away safely in a cabinet.
NOT enjoyed as it deserved. When I saw Nana's milkglass table decor, I just knew she should have it. I think my Mom and Grandmother would be very happy that it went to someone special who will love it.

hugs, Karen

o

Very lovely, Nana...thoughtful gift for a Holiday friend, Karen! Lookin' forward to seeing it in a t'scape!
Jeanne S.

o

So lovely and dainty looking Nana.
Karen has a heart of gold...and is always thinking of how to bring a smile to someone's day!
I'll be 'staying tuned' to see how you use it.
jane

o

Nana, so glad to see your new Milk Vase from Karen. This will be so fun to add to some of your beautiful tables. Karen, I'm sure DM and DGM are happy it has a new home and their vase will be dearly loved and used.

Punk

o

I love milk glass! You are very lucky to receive such a special gift! Karen that is so noce of you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here