Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Made some cute placecard holders

christmascandy
13 years ago

I found these cute scarecrows at DT, and thought they would be cute for a tablescape.

Then I saw this picture holder at ARC.....

Used my drillpress (yes, its mine!) to make holes, and then cut the separate picture holders to fit in the holes.

I used some of our members names to illustrate and voila...placecard holders!

I apologize that I didn't include everyone here, but I only had 4.

They will be showing up in a future tablescape.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (19)

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Oh my gosh . . . your own drill press?!? I am so incredibly impressed, Candy! I have my own (nice-sized) tool box with lots of hand tools but a drill press . . . you lucky gal . . . I'm envious! Love your idea and the final results. Ya know, Candy, I'm REALLY glad you've joined our forum here :~)
    Lynn

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

WOW! I want a drill press too.

Those little card holders are soooooooo sweet. I would never have thought of that, but what a good idea.

Now I'll be looking at little items in a whole different way . . . "Hmmm. Those would make great place card holders."

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Candy, those are terrific. I love,love,love them. Maybe we need to start a "challenge" thread to see who can come up with the most creative place card holders and napkin rings. I have been looking at DH's scroll saw books and there are quite a few patterns for things like that in them. Don't know if I could get them painted to look like anything if I got them sawed out though. When I get a chance, I am going to the park to look for acrons, pinecones, ect, but tomorrow will be back to canning beans and pickling the last of the hot peppers. Oh well, janet.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Wow Candy what a great idea!
    I too love how they turned out...so cute.
    Am I holding a 'Sunflower'? lol
    Your idea was such clever thinking... I agree with OA, I'll be looking at little items in a new way...

Now if only DH would allow me to use 'His' Drill Press...
    I have to tell him about yours!

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Oh oh, Candy, you'd better switch me and Karen--you just know she will want the one with the "purple" vest! LOL

Seriously, you are so creative! These would be very cute on a tablescape on their own, but to think about making them into place card holders like this was "genius" on your part! Way to go Gal!

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

What a great idea, Candy! Those photo holders are on sale often in various places...& sometimes I don't like the base of them...so I don't bother purchasing...but now I will! Cute, cute placecard/holders! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, your scarecrow placecard holders are so adorable. You are so creative and end up with a Masterpiece every time. It amazes me that you see these cute little gals and then find picture holders to attach and then even add some of our names. You rock, girlfriend. I hope this will inspire me to find some cute things for place card holders for my tables after seeing this.

Thanks for the heads up on those photo holders, Jeanne.

Candy you should post your jeep you transformed for DGS here so EVERYONE can see it. My DH thought it was fantastic too and couldn't believe you added all the extras on it.

Punk

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Holy Toledo! I just visited the Decorative Painting Forum to take a look the ChristmasCandy's jeep. You gals HAVE TO take a look at this. AMAZING!

Here is a link that might be useful: Unreal Transformation

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy, you never cease to amaze me! (I commented on the jeep already. I'm still blown away by what you did there).
    Now these totally adorable place-card holders!!
    (Luvs is right tho, you better put me in purple in the future. LOL)

So would a regular electric drill, with a small bit, work? I don't have a drill press. I also don't have dinner parties...but I could invite Invisible Friends to a table. Gosh I LOVE how these turned out!

And I second Lynn about you joining us here. Its really
    wonderful having you in our little family!

hugs, Karen

• paintergirl94
    13 years ago

Christmascandy, these are so cute and clever. But, now the ladies are fighting over them! Too funny.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Thanks to OA for adding the link to Candy's jeep transformation! OMG, Candy, what a great job. You really do have ****VISION****, Lady!!! Big congrats!
    Lynn

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Come out, Come out whereever you are Candy and enjoy your fame... U deserve it.

Punk

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

They are darling and so clever. DT is a veritable treasure trove of things for each season!!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

I have to add my 2 Cents to the Compliments...
    Candy...WOW - Awsome Job!
    Looks like a brand new jeep...I know my 6 yr old DGSon would love his looking like that...it seems Camo is
    'The Big Thing' !

jane

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK kids, you can stop fighting over the "purple" one as it isn't really purple, just looks that way in the pic! LOL

Karen, you could use a regular drill, I just used the press as I was drilling into the hats and since they are sloped the press kept the bit from "skittering." You would just need to hold them very steady so you got the hole started where you wanted it. Also, the resin is not that thick, so you don't have to drill very much.

Thanks for the compliments on the holders and the jeep.

I'm glad Karen found me too, as you ladies are just the best and it is so much fun to share things on here.

TTFN,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

First, the place cards are wonderful.
    I have a dremel , but don't know if that counts! :)
    The jeep is great! You are a very talented lady!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Great save on the Barbie car! AWESOME transformation for your GS! Jeanne S.

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Cute!!!
    Yep, drill presses, band saws and table saws are great girl tools too!! DH nearly had a hemorrhage when I slipped out to the shop and painted all of the handles .......pink........

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Jaybird, you didn't!!!!! Now your DH will blush everytime his guy pals see the shop tools! LOL

Luvs

Sponsored
More Discussions