Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnencfan

Sept family craft night

lynnencfan
12 years ago

Well after a summers absence our family has started up our family craft night. Saturday night we did mosaic flower pots. I plan to use mine in a fall vignette because of the copper in it. This was our smallest group - we usually have 6 or 7 and it is mass chaos but fun :) .....

Lynne

all three of us hard at work

my flower pot in the foreground and my sis Lee working on hers

Tracey working on her's

my sister Lee working on her's

a close up of mine

Comments (8)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Those are really pretty...I like how you all came up with different
    ideas to decorate them...each unique.
    I also like how you each painted the rims with a different finish.
    I'd love to see them when they're all done and 'in action'!
    I remember last year you posted your Family Craft night.
    I was actually green with envy and thought how wonderful that a family enjoys
    getting together to do that. It was so nice to see.
    jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Love it! Those are some very pretty pots! Such a fun time to share! Looking forward to seeing your pot in your Fall decor! TFS, lynne! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I also remember last year when you shared your family with us, and like Jane I was a lovely shade of green. Its so wonderful to see a family having special fun times like that.

Janey needs to get the bus and we could all join you next time. Tho you might have to find a craft doing something with dishes for our many Dishnuts here. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I do feel truly blessed to finally have all my family so close by - it has been a dream forever. Not to sound too religious here but I firmly believe that God had his hand in all this. I was so pleased that our mother got to witness us all moved here before she passed away :)

Our next project is going to be either mercury glass or the glitter pumpkins - we are doing some online research for best methods and something that can be done in one evening .....

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing pics with us Lynne. Looks like you were all hard at work. Not sure which looked best, your neat decorated pot or that plate of goodies beside it! LOL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Lynne, looks like alot of fun going on. They turned out beautiful. I also love it that you all personlized them to your liking.

Your next projects sound like alot of fun too. I love mercury glass and glitter crafts. Hope you will share with us.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Lynne, Looks like you guys are having a good time working on the flower pots. It is wonderful you can have family time and do fun things together.
    Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Lynn..I was reading where you're looking to do a Mercury
    Glass project - Quick! Last year I was researhing how to do that, and came across a great YouTube 'how to' that seemed real quick and easy. I bookmarked it and I'm posting it here for you..it might be helpful.
    There are also a few others on the right that you might want to check out.
    jane

Here is a link that might be useful: Mercury Glass

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus
More Discussions