Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

September Birthday Table

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

Happy Birthday to all those celebrating a September Birthday! It seems Sept is a very busy BD month.

My DSIL and DGS both have Sept BDs.

September's birthstone is Sapphire and the flower is Aster.

When I saw these pretty plates I realized I had a tea pot that was very similar...so the ideas for this table started to take shape.

I discovered that Asters come in a variety of colors and sizes. Lilac seems to be one of the most popular. I used a lace Table cloth over a lilac table cover made of the finest vinyl. The lilac napkins are from CTS.

Although I have gold chargers I liked the look of the paper doilies better. The blue fluted stems are from a TS but the Wine glasses are quite old. They go together well don't you think?

The S&P sugar bowl and creamer are on loan from DD2. I'm sure I forgot to mention something I usually do.

Thanks for lookin.

Nana

PS

Happy Birthday William and Dave, Jeanne, Karen's DGD and my DF and neighbor Harriet.

Comments (8)

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Oh my! I swooned when I saw the pattern on the teapot and then on the plates! Gorgeous table again! I swear if I knew it wouldn't add years I'd make every month my birthday month so that I could claim all of your wonderful tables!
    Kath

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh yes, that pretty blue & gold tog is beautiful! Love the t-pot & those plates are perfect w/it! LOL at the lace t'cloth over the 'finest vinyl!' (looks good!)

Flowers are sure pretty in the middle of the plates & in your centerpc! Thanks so much, nana...I would love sharing this table w/you for my b'day (as long as we don't have to talk about Medicare!) LOL! TFS the pics! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Beautiful, Nana. Love the china, and the flowers in the teapot make a lovely centerpiece!

• elmaly
    12 years ago

I love that teapot. I think I need to come to you house for tea soon!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Nana's got the blues....woooo hoooo. That is a very pretty table, and like the others I think that teapot is really special. Amazing you found dishes that matched it.
    The lace tablecloth adds just the right touch of elegance.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, beautiful dishes and table. I see you even have the matching oval platter.YEA Yes, your stems go together very well!

Be sure and let DD2 know we enjoyed seeing her beautiful S&P, sugar bowl and creamer. Does your DD's set tables also or just have neat dishes?

Will be looking forward to seeing Oct. BDay ts from you.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Nana, just have to say that you did a wonderful job arranging the flowers in your pretty teapot to match the plates so well! I'm very impressed, gal! The plates are so pretty, and those glasses do go well together. I often use one of those "finest vinyl" pink tablecloths under my lace one too! Not my birthday month, but sure would enjoy having a meal at this pretty table. Luvs

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nana this is such a lovely table. Those dishes are beautiful and the blue glassware goes perfectly with them. I love the teapot and with those flowers - it makes such a pretty CP. We have only one Sept BD in the family..but DH and I will be celebrating our Anniversary this month.
    I know I'd love to be sitting at your beautiful table enjoying a nice dinner!! lol

jane

Sponsored
More Discussions