Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally, a little bit of Fall

Posted by excessfroufrou (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 28, 10 at 11:56

I finally got to do a little Fall decorating. I've gotten all my boxes down from the attic, but this is the only thing I've put together. I found these white and green pumpkins at Wally World, they were the only white ones there. It's hard to tell in the pic, but the top one is beaded with those little glass like thingys. I think I may spray some more for my kitchen. Anyhoo, I piled them on this old mirror and added the tall compote and ta-da, I now have a centerpiece for my sunroom dining table. It's a little stark, I can't decide if I like it as is or maybe I'll look for a runner. I'm starting on the buffet, so I hope to have more pix soon.
Frou

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally, a little bit of Fall

That is just beautiful! Really suits the restrained 'frou-frou' style of the room (from what I can see) and I love your style. I wouldn't put a runner under it, altho it would look nice if you did. I'm liking more restrained decor lately altho am still in the 'more-is-more' camp most of the time.

o

WOW, that's pretty! I'll bet it looks even better in person. Looking forward to your next post...

o

Ohhh, frou, that is very lovely in your room! Of course, the room is downright GORGEOUS! I love how you put the wire-ry thing under the big bead pumpkin...that's lovely & "makes" it (sorry, I'm drooling)...anyway, very nice! I just got that same bag of pumpkins, leaves, etc. from a good friend for b'lated b'day present...I put mine in a brown metal leaf in LR...looks good, too...love 'em! TFS ...& looking forward to more Fall decor coming! Jeanne S.

o

Ditto on what LG said. Tho I'm drooling along with Jeanne.
That is absolutely gorgeous. Perfect for that room!! I love, love, love what you've done!
That pedestal, mirror base is really blowing me away!

hugs, Karen

"life is too short to fold fitted sheets"

o

Frou...I LOVE how you put together the white pumpkin centerpiece on the mirrored base.
I love it's 'Simplicity', which makes it look so
elegant. Especially in that Gorgeous Room...it's just perfect.
Nice Job..

jane

o

It is absolutely perfect for the room!!
I also love your dining set with the ice cream parlor chairs!! It's gorgeous and looks like the rest of the room is fab too.

TFS,
Candy

o

Frou, picture perfect setting in your sunroom. Love how you put together your centerpiece. I'll bet it's even prettier in real life. Thanks for letting us know it's beaded.

Punk

o

Frou, FABULOUS!!! The centerpiece looks wonderful under the chandelier. Just perfect in your sunroom.
NanaKaren

o

Y'all are so sweet, it was fun working with the white for a change. I think I'm going to add some off white candle sticks to go on each side and call it done. Now, I've got to gather up my pumpkins, mums and other stuff for my outdoor decorating.
Frou

o

Lovely, Frou! The cream-on-cream looks elegant and so right for your dining room.

o

Wow! That looks like it belongs in a magazine for sure! Great job on pairing the mirrored piece with the urn and pumpkin--takes it to a whole new level--in more ways than one! LOL Fits perfectly in your pretty room too.

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here