Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Who's a Happy Gal?

maximavswife
12 years ago

Me me me! You all know of my woes of finding a buffet table to go in the new dining room. Well, I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger!

I had found The.Perfect.Buffet months ago. I just couldn't wrap my head around the price. I went back and looked at it numerous times. I ran my hands lovingly across its smooth, real hardwood finish.

It was delivered this past Saturday and I am truly in love! Sorry for the dark pictures. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful with full on sunshine and mild temps. I tried with the blinds open, closed, all lights on, lights off and still everything came out dark.

I love the rustic planked top. It goes really really well with the dining table without being matchy matchy.

Here is the table top

It holds 3 full sets of my favorite china as well as a ton of misc. plates, napkin rings and 2 coffee services including all cups, saucers, pots, sugars and creamers!

Of course I couldn't leave it bare. I did up a vignette and am pretty happy with it. I will be going to HL at lunch today to find another lamp to match the one we have had for awhile.

Here's a question for you. Do we leave the picture above it or look for a mirror instead? If a mirror is the way to go, round or oblong?

I can hardly wait for all of the upcoming holidays so that I can keep dressing here up in style!

Kath

Comments (9)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh gosh, that is one BEAUTIFUL buffet! You certainly waited & found the perfect, perfect piece for your table! And what a great place for all those dishes/accessories! WOW! I am lovin' it with the framed art you have above it! And your Fall vignette looks pretty! Nice! Nice! Nice! Congrats! TFS, maxi! Jeanne S. (but a mirror could be beautiful, too...you'll have to see) LOL!

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Oh Kath,
    Congratulations on finding just what you wanted. It is beautiful. Love your dining table too. Perfect decorating!!

When we moved into our house 17 years ago, it had a nice dining room, so I wanted a nice dining set. Well, about 3 months ago I found my dream set on craig's list. It was a little high for craig's list I thought, but, my precious husband said, you have waited for 17 yrs for the right one, go for it. So, I did, and it is in my upstairs bed room un-assembled b/c the dining room has been made into my Daddy's bedroom. I like the dining room set, but I LOVE my Daddy. But, I got the one I wanted.

Glad you did the same.

Creek

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Beautiful piece! No wonder you wanted it so badly. And it seems perfect for your DR. (Creek, I hear you! Glad
    you went ahead and got the set after waiting so long for it to come along. Prayers for you and your dear Dad)

Kath, I love the Fall decor on your new buffet. Sooo pretty! I like the picture there, tho a mirror would be nice during holiday decorating. Not round is my feeling.
    Oblong is my favorite for mirrors, so I am prejudiced, LOL.
    I keep Jason's portrait above my family-room fireplace mantel, but some holidays I switch it out with a mirror in my study.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

You found a real beauty..and it was well worth the wait!
    It looks perfect in your DR. Love how you've already set it up for the Fall...I see you smiling all the way over here!!
    Personally, I like the look of a mirror..It always reflects what's displayed nicely, and doesn't conflict with what's on your Buffet. I agree w/Karen - I think oblong would look nice...it would give your buffet nice balance.
    jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Very pretty, so glad you were able to get it. I've really loved your dning room table every time you've shown a picture of it. You did a great vignette for fall too--that was fast! LOL Congrats to you.

Creek, I'm also glad to hear you went ahead and got the dining set you've longed for as well. Bless your heart, you've waited a long time so I know you will put it to good use when the time is right. Know you are taking great care of your DD and treasuring this time with him.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kath, I see why you are a Happy Gal. Nice choice on your buffet. It looks even better all decorated! So happy for you.

Creek, congrats on finding your perfect set. Sounds like you are one sweet daughter and I'm sure your DD is proud to have you.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

It is beautiful, Kath! You will have lots of enjoyment decorating it for the seasons.
    I am with Jane, I like a mirror, but I am prejudiced cause that's what I have! :)

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

No wonder you are happy, Kath!
    The buffet is perfect for your room.
    great job decorating it!!
    Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

GORGEOUS! What a great buffet table! Happy that you finally bought it and it goes perfectly with the rest of your dining room. LOVE the display too!

Sponsored
More Discussions