Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT...God Bless America pic

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 11:36

Limited access to online here in MN ...but I had to share this pic...while fishin'/cruisin in friend's pontoon, we saw an eagle in the distance...got as close to the shoreline as possible before they flew!

I was jumping up & down & saying, "WOW, two of 'em...WOW...WOW!" LOL! Got a few pics off & this one I love! I cropped it so the eagles can be seen much closer! My camera batteries were dying while on the lake &* I had brought a spare in my book bag (which had a hole in the corner)...so one battery fell out somewhere before I got out on the lake! So I was very LUCKY cause my batteries died as the Eagles flew off! LOL!

Just had to share.... Jeanne S. MN is beautiful but now very cold!

EaglesDuo9.11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT...God Bless America pic

Beautiful!!!

o

AWESOME!! This would be a great picture to frame.

o

What a fantastic photo capture. And what a fantastic sight to see. I'd love that. Eagles have a way of making one feel filled with awe and stirring the Am pride.

hugs, Karen

o

Beautiful picture. We have several eagles in an open space near us, and a pure white falcon that hangs out at 2 of the golf courses we play.
It is really something to see them in flight, but I have never gotten close enough to take a picture of the eagles like you did.

Sure am glad the eagle is the American symbol and not the turkey like good ol' Ben wanted, LOL

TFS,
Candy

o

Just beautiful! They look so majestic.
You take the best pictures, Jeanne
Nana

o

Beautiful picture - have seen them a couple of times in flight - thanks for sharing .....

Lynne

o

Such a great picture Jeanne! I know what you mean about getting excited....I nearly leap for joy everytime I see an Eagle...we have several that fly around our house, but they are just magnificent.

o

Fantastic pic Jeanne, and what a wonderful thing to see. Since there were a pair, I wonder if they had a nest somewhere near? Glad you are having fun, hope you took along some warm clothes. ;o) Luvs

o

Jeanne, that is an awesome picture. Beautiful pair of eagles. Glad your camera came thru for you. Stay warm and enjoy. I had left a couple windows open the last few days so had to turn the heat on to take the chill off when I returned tonight.

Punk

o

Jeanne - you're having Waaaay too Much Fun!! lol
I guess you were in the right spot at the right time..
What a spectaular shot!
Stay warm...
jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here