some fall crafts I made

donnas_gw
12 years ago

Fall Wreath I made:

Fall House Plaque I made:

Comments (10)

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Wow! I am in love with that house plaque!! Do you take special orders?? I love the wreath too as I am a sucker for cattails! Thanks for sharing!
    Kath

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Those are wonderful! I love both.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Very pretty! I haven't started fall decor yet, a few more weeks of summer here. :)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Donna, I've snagged your two photos to put in our Fall inspiration album. I need to get our albums up to date, again. Have photos from here saved and will get them SOON.

I wish I could get out my Fall decor, just to pretend we aren't in this relentless heatwave. But too early yet, I get it out on the official first day of Fall, tho it will still be a 100 here. LOL.
    Right now we are breaking records right and left. The most days over 110 we've had previously was 19, right now tho, we are up to 32!! And rest of this week supposed to be the same. Unbelievable. You should see our water bill for the yard. On second thought, it might give you a heart attack.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Donnas, I always enjoy seeing all the creative things you make. Love your wreath, the bow, cat tails and leaves all go together so well. Neat house sign too, is it painted or done with vinyl cutouts? Hope you will come by and share more of your projects with us.

Karen, it's been "hot" here, but nothing like the temps in Phoenix. You're overdue for a break in those high temps for sure! If your water bill is high, I hate to even imagine what the electricity costs must be! Gotta keep that air conditioner running for sure! Hang in there, fall is on the way!

Luvs

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Love that wreath and the house sign is pretty cool too. Wish I could get my creative juices flowing again. TFs Janet

• donnas_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry maximavswife...I only craft for myself. I don't feel like I'm that good at crafting to sell what I make to others. The numbers at the top are pre-cut wood numbers that I painted and glued on. I just hope they stay on. If you looked at my other crafts, you will see that I also made a patriotic plaque with 5 stars down the middle. I didn't have too much luck keeping those stars on either. When we would get a big rain, they would fall off, so I ended up drilling holes and screwing them on.

It's still a little hot here, but only in the low to mid 80's. I just love the fall colors and wanted to put them out LOL.

Luvs, for the stripes and the top part that I painted a tan, I used the acryllic paint in the small bottles. For the leaves, I made a template using foamies and used Delta Creme stencil paint. The vines I drew with a gold marker, and took a small brush and painted the stem at the bottom of each leaf. After everything was dry, I sprayed a high gloss protective clear coating over the entire plaque a few times.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Very pretty, donna ... Fall is just around the corner...so hard to believe summer is sliding by! I love the wreath...nice bow, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Donna I love your wreath and house sign you are very talented.
    TFS
    Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Great job on both! Love the house plaque...great idea! It's nice to see fall decor again....summer has been a bear this year.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions