Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Aqua and Gold Fall Table

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

Lately I've seen Fall tablescapes using aqua/turquoise. Aqua is one of my all time favorite colors, so

I decided to use it on this table. I tied something different this time, placing the place settings diagonally

I don't think I'll do that again.

From 2012-09-25 (by Eye-Fi)

The placemats are from Dollar General, and the napkin rings are from Pier One.

My DD picked up the Acorns at a park near her home.

I had everything else, except the faux Mums.

I bought a bunch of real ones but they didn't hold up.

The tc is darker in real life and I painted the little pumpkins.

Although aqua is seen mostly in Spring and Summer I think it works well for Fall too.

TFLookin.

Nana

Comments (9)

• maximavswife
    11 years ago

I love the aqua and gold together Nana! You are right, aqua works well with every season. I may have to incorporate it into a winter table myself! I love the look of how you layered your plates too. Very pretty table Nana!

Kath

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Your table turned out very nicely! Love your placemats, your plates and all of your table decor! The aqua seems to work just fine with your gold....TFS!

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

I like the mix of colors. It reminded me of autumn trees against a pale blue sky. BTW, I have those same napkin rings. :)

• milosmom_gw
    11 years ago

I think the color combination looks quite elegant. The blue balances the bolder fall colors nicely.
    Neat idea to do the setting on the diagonal to. Very pretty 'scape.

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Pretty tablesetting Nana!
    Love the colors you put together and yes, Aqua and Gold are a nice mix for Autumn.
    Love your placemats and I like how the leaves and acorns look scattered on the table.
    BTW...I like the diagonal look of your setting too..I think it works well here.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Nana, I would have never thought of using aqua for Fall decor....I learn something new here all the time! ;o)
    Your placemats really enhance the whole setting with their mix of colors.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, you've come through again with another beautiful setting. I love seeing different colors and this combo is great together. Great job painting pumpkins to match. Love the votives, they have so many colors in them. The leaf dishes have such a neat shape.

I think the diagonal setting is a nice change. So nice of DD to pick acorns for you to use. Wish we had acorn trees around here. I'd love to be able to use real ones instead of buying faux.

I'm so glad you are here. There was a time I reset my table at least every other week. Now it only happens in my dreams.LOL You sure help keep our 'Holiday Forum' alive.

Punk

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

nana...love the color combo you chose! The aqua blues just remind me of the sky & your linens reflect that.

I think the corner-to-corner looks good in your pics...always fun to try something new...probably not a comfy place to sit tho. LOL!

Your leaves & pumpkins, dishes & placemats shout FALL! Don't ya love this time of the yr! TFS, nana! Jeanne

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all so much.

Kathe, does the tc look aqua on your monitor? I think it looks light blue on some.

Thanks Marlene, I'm glad you like my table.

Fun2b2bHere. I think the napkin rings are cute,
    I don't shop at Pier One very often tho.

Jane, thank you I like the look of the table set diagonally too.
    But like Jeanne said I don't think it would be comfy sitting there.LOL

Karen, I like the placemats too.
    I bought them to use on a Thanksgiving table, they are reversible,
    the other side is dark green so I hope to use them a few times.

Punk, my DD had fun collecting the acorns she had to make sure they were just right.
    At least she didn't have to fight the squirrels for them.
    Squirrels are brazen critters.

Jeanne, thank you. Once Fall is here I love the colors of the trees,
    But I dread the thought shorter days and the long dreary winter ahead. (sigh)

Thank you all again!!

Nana

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions