Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to organize a Cookie Walk

Posted by Tioga (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 14, 02 at 8:54

I have, for the first time, just heard of Cookie Walks. Can anyone out there tell me how they're run? I'd love to present the idea to our recreation committee for the holidays.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to organize a Cookie Walk

Check out this site. Hope it helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookie Walk

o

Thanks, Evelyn. You've been very helpful. Hope we have lots of participation.

o

Our parish has had one for quite a few years now. It is always the first Sunday of December. We ask for about 5 dozen per member. Of course some don't do any and some do has many as 135 dozen themselves! Anyway we sit tables up in gym and decorate them and put cookies out on trays, glass dishes etc. and we try to have them labeled. We have beer flats lined with paper towels and the buyers line up and are given a box and a glove to wear so when picking up their cookies then they go single file on each side of the table and choose their goodies. We try to have diabetic goodies too. We play Christmas music and have a santa for the kids and we serve coffee and drinks for the kids. Then if the kids are selling anything at the time for school that is also set up. We sale 2 pounds for $5.00. At the end we have a scale and check all boxes. We let Santa be the first one in line to choose his first. Normally we run it 11-1 but normally within the first hour pretty picked thru. We average $750.00-$1000. People come 45 minutes to half an hour early to get in line. Workers go along and remove empty trays and combine trays. Works better doing the dishes as you go along then waiting till the end like we did the first couple of years. Quite fun and we do good at it.

o

You are most welcome! Glad that I could help. Hope your
cookie walk is a hugh success.

o

Wow Evelyn!
Thanks so much! What great info! I am going to a meeting Sat. looking for fundraising ideas for the local childrens hospital! I have printed it and will suggest this.
Thanks,
Cindy

o

Our church has a Cookie Walk each year... but for some reason we've quit "walking". Last year the ladies in charge packed up the cookies ahead of time and you just bought a can of them instead of choosing your own. (I'm assuming this was because the people at the front of the line got a better selection, while those at the end were stuck with leftovers??)

This is a small-scale "walk" (just our congregation) and the cookies were pre-packaged in coffee cans wrapped in Christmas wrap with a bow on the lid. (The cans were lined with a plastic baggie). The church collects 2-pound coffee cans all year to have enough for the sale.

o

I think a "Cookie Walk" is exactly what our parish needs to raise some emergency funds. I'll talk to the pastor tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Di

o

Do most people sell them by the pound? We are having our first one and wondered about selling them by the dozen, but most of the info I could find said they are sold by the pound. Does anyone have any input on that? Any other tips? Thanks in advance!
Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here