Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

tea time

nana2010_gw
10 years ago

When I saw Candy's pictures of her new doll Carriage I remembered I hadn't posted this table.
I spent time this summer taking care of my precious 4year identical twin old great nieces.
This table is for them:
Last year DD2 suggested I do a table using a doll as a center piece. I found..er..rescued this darling little girl from a TS.

Meet Hope

From 2013-08-02 (by Eye-Fi)

DD2 gave me the plates several years ago and I've always wanted to use them on a table. I think they are perfect for a young ladies tea Party.

TFLOOKIN,
Nana

Comments (8)

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

This is soooo sweet!
    I love the shape of the teapot and those plates ATDF!! (that's "are to die for" just in case you didn't know, LOL)

The doll is very pretty and I am quite fond of those sugar wafer cookies too!

Did you crochet the center placemat?

Love it!!

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Oh those plates are adorable!!!! (ATDF ...as candy says!) & I love the 'crocheted' patchwork you placed over the t'cloth ... perfect! Pretty stacked plates, too & cups/saucers .... sweet! TFS, nana! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Oh my goodness, this is darling! Agree the plates are to stinkin' cute. You've done a wonderful job on this table. I sure could of use a creamer and sugar set like that.

Pretty tea pot and great job layering. I like the crocheted center piece and all the dollies. You are going to keep me going it looks like.LOL

Punk

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Nana this is so sweet. The tea set is so delicate .. looking and I Love...love the plates. Perfect for a little girl's
    tea party. I'm eyeing those pretty nap rings - hard to tell by the picture, what are they made of?
    Don't want to forget that pretty little girl you 'rescued'..she looks like an American Girl doll...is she?
    Enjoyed seeing this..
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for your sweet comments.
    sorry about the same picture twice, don't know how that happened.

Candy, I do know what ATDF means...Now... lol I didn't crochet the center placemat.

Thank you Jeanne, I found two of those crocheted pieces at a local co-op store.

Punk, I'm so glad you have the time to post again. I like the sugar and creamer too. I'd love to have a set of pink depression ware to go with them.

Jane, the napkin rings are porcelain, they were a TS purchase.
    the little doll isn't American Girl. I named her Hope in hopes a cause and cure will soon be found for Autism.

Nana

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Nana, I'm always on the lookout for depression dishes. My df has a pink snack set that is the pink depression that she's giving me if we ever go dig them out. I don't remember hearing about Autism years ago but sure have alot with it now days. It would be great to find a cure for it and all the other horrible diseases.

Again, thanks for hanging in there when I was almost to busy to Breathe and couldn't be here! You ladies ROCK!!!

Punk

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Thanks Nana..I thought the napkin rings looked like porcelean..they're very pretty and delicate looking.
    Sweet name 'Hope' for your little doll and very fitting for such a worthy cause.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

How did I miss this post???? Nana, I didn't know you joined our Forum's "doll club"! I expect to see her dressed up for holidays in the future to keep the rest of the little girls company! :o) DollBaby, Teagan, TJ, and Rosemary are going to be waiting for Hope.....

Those plates are just wonderful. I think you have some of the gals drooling over them in fact. What a neat table!

Twin 4 yrs olds' huh? I bet they are totally adorable and you had a blast with them.
    hugs, Karen