Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Purple and Gold Fall Table

christmascandy
13 years ago

I figured putting purple in the subject line would get Karen's attention!!

This is a fall table that I created with TS finds, the DT scarecrows (I switched Karen to the "purple" one, LOL),some HG goblets and other items from around the house.

The white chargers, dinner plates, white salad plates, purple bowls, side plates, acorn centerpiece, purple tablecloth, brown placemats, and gold napkins are all TS items.

The dinner plates are Hallmark "Gifts of Autumn."

The purple goblets are from HG last week. I used the DT scarecrow placecard holders that I made and scattered small acorns I found on the golf course.

The candles and candleholders are also from the TS, and the acorn centerpiece says "Teleflora" on the bottom.

Luvs gets the acorn side plate, of course!

The Pfaltzgraf cups are from my everyday dishes and have a cinnamon stick in them ready for some hot spiced cider, YUM! The silverware is from my first wedding, 40 yrs. ago.

The gold leaf side plates look like some that I just saw at WalMa rt, but these came from SA.

The fall picks are just some I had from fall decorations that I use yearly.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (19)

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Candy,

Those colors really attract the eye--perfect for fall! I like the placecards in the bowls, and love the touch of the acorns scattered on the table. I never thought of using my various leaf plates in a tablescape like that. And your purple tablecloth ties in very nicely the bowls and goblets. Just enough white for sparkle! (And I love the plates)

- Magpie

• jaybird
    13 years ago

I would never have thought of purple, but it is a beautiful backdrop!!!! The entire table looks amazing and I know Luvs and Karen will love their special places!!!
    Thank you so much for your hard work and great ideas!
    J

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Very nicely done! I'm telling you, CC, it's not a good idea for me to check your posts. Once again, I have dish envy. Those Hallmark plates are about as "fallish" as you can get.

Great to see the scarecrow place cards in action. They're even cuter when actually performing the service for which they are intended.

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

When I was at HG last I noticed purple fall items and thought they looked nice. Now I see CC's table and I am in LOVE with the color for fall! Just so lovely! I may have to change up my decor...oh wait...DH would have a fit if I told him I was going to start all over.... :)

Kath

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy, you're a fast learner! LOL. Put purple in the subject line and I can't get here fast enough.
    I appreciate you getting me in the right spot to sit too.
    ;o) And you got Luvs a giant acorn even!!

Wow, that is one BEAUTIFUL table. Even if I wasn't already nuts about purple, I'd think that. The Hallmark plates, the leaf plates, EVERY thing, is just wonderful.
    You ROCK, Girl.

OA, just wait till you see what she does for Christmas!
    That's how I found her on the web in the first place, looking at Christmas pictures. I knew she HAD to come here and join us. I was ready to beg, or kidnap, her!

Kath, maybe you can start sneaking in a little purple and he won't even know. Too bad he's not like my Mr Oblivious,
    I could paint the house purple and a week later he might comment "something seems different". LOL.

hugs, Karen

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Loving the purple for fall, the table is very cute and fun!

Karen, I dare you to paint a wall purple & see how long it takes DH to notice! LOL

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I feel so honored to get that special place by the acorn! ;o) So glad Karen gets the scarecrow in the purple vest too! Ahhh! all's right with the world!

Seriously though, your table really looks pretty. I would not have thought of the purple with the fall items either, but I love how it turned out. It is so great that you found those glasses to tie in with the plates and bowls--I can tell you have a good eye for details and a good memory as well so you look for complimentary items when out shopping. What a great find on such cute and perfect plates! Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Yacht, you would be shocked by how long it would take him!
    Now if I painted one of his golf balls purple....

Luvs, wasn't it last year or the year before that a lot of purple started showing up more in Halloween stuff? And I read its the new "in" color for everything now!
    Makes me a happy girl. Except my darn house doesn't even work with purple!! :o( Not unless I repaint a lot of it,
    and change other things. I have to be content with my wine-color accent wall in the living-dining room. Tho I do love burgundy a LOT. Might even love it more than purple. (shhhh, don't tell on me)

A year or more ago, I saw someone on the decorating forum had painted her entire inside walls purple, and even more.
    She was over the top loving purple! But gosh it was lovely
    I thought, the shade she used was wonderful.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy...
    You did it again putting a table together with all your 'Finds'...and you did such a beautiful job.
    I like the color combination of this table...very different and very lovely.
    All the little touches, from the cute Place cards to the little acorns, from your Golf Course, make it so inviting !!
    I love your plates and the purple stems, but my favorite is
    your Acorn Centerpiece ...that's a beauty. (I'm sure
    Luvs Drooling) !

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Beautiful table. I love the purple cloth, gold napkins, glasses, bowls, acorns, leaves, candle holders and your plates are wonderful. All of it looks great from above looking down. Everything shows up so well on the purple. Glad you traded place card holders so Karen could have the purple one. My little neighbor boy use to call me "Pumpkin" so you picked mine right with the pumpkins.LOL

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ok, candy...your t'scape is absolutely BEAUTIFUL with your white wicker chairs! A purple t'cloth would never enter my mind for Fall...but it certainly looks "Fall" on your table. I love every single dish you have on the table...especially the Hallmark dinner plates...they give you the opportunity to work in multiple color schemes. Those candleholders & acorn covered dish work perfectly with the Fall dinnerplates & theme. Enjoyed looking so much! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Everything on that lovely table works so well together, very pretty. My favorite is the acorn centerpiece, I find a lot of cool telaflora pieces and they are usually pretty reasonable.
    Frou

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

When I think of Autumn, purple is not one of the colors that comes to mind . . . but, that was until I saw your beautiful table, Candy! I love it!!! Your newly created place card holders are perfect there and I'm crazy about your purple glass bowls and glasses. I think my favorite thing, though, is that gorgeous acorn centerpiece. What an incredible find! Thanks for sharing it all with us!
    Lynn

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Magpie, Jaybird, and Karen, When I saw the purple goblets and the price, they just had to come home with me. I already had the Hallmark plates and the purple bowls and I knew they would all play nice together!

OA, turn about is fair play; your retired teachers table instigated my back to school table! LOL

Kath, just sneak in a piece or two at a time and then say "I've had these forever and just found them in the closet/drawer/basement." LOL again

Yachter, thanks, those little scarecrows just called my name and begged to go home with me. What else could I do??

Luvs, if you buy enough stuff, eventually something will go together, or at least thats my theory.

Jane, Jeanne, Frou, and Lynn, I personally keep Hallmark in business, and when I saw those plates, SCORE!!! The Acorn dish was a find last spring for $1, and I just saw one today and it was marked $4.99, thrift stores....go figure.

Punk, shouldn't your neighbor have called you "Punkin?" HA HA

Thanks again everyone,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I love purple in a Fall table.
    You did a great job, it looks so pretty!
    Cute little acorns and the wine glasses are beautiful.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

CC, I agree with what everyone else said, I think the purple table cloth is just perfect. I've always wanted to have dishes for every season I really don't have the room though, but it's so hard to resist. I usually use different napkins, napkin rings and other accsessories to change the look. NanaKaren

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

NanaK, none of us have room but that doesn't seem to slow us down too much. LOL. The Dishnuts here could tell you all kinds of places to stash dishes. But then you might end up like Lynn and lose 21 chargers. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Candy, lovely table. I really like your purple tc, and the acorn centerpiece. You really do have an eye for putting things together that work so well. You are such an inspiration (or such an enabler, LOL) Guess I will be hunting acorns to go with the 6 leaf dishes that just jumped in my buggy at Family dollar when I was buying cleaning supplies the other night. Janet

• creativeangel
    13 years ago

I don't know which part I like the most...gorgeous.

I would have never picked up on the purple but I think that is what makes it so breath-taking.

Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company
More Discussions