Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Jeanne's Monday and Caring Bridge update

Purplemoon
10 years ago

Good news & bad news from Iowa City today ...we just got home.
Good news ~~ the Ovarian cancer tumor is shrinking & so has the liver tumors, too ... along with the abdominal lesions ... so that means the Chemo is working!

Bad news...not small enough yet for surgery ... could be too many complications so the Surgeon/Doctor wants me to have 3 more Chemo sessions, 3 weeks apart ~~just like the ones I just finished up. That was tough to swallow but I must try to focus on the 'good' it will be doing.

Good news ... I can have the Chemo once again @our Cedar Valley Cancer Center in Waterloo (an excellent place!) & the Chemo I was scheduled to have (if needed) in Iowa City today was a scheduling 'mistake' ...should have been for Waterloo. I've fretted all week about having to do Chemo in Iowa City now ... it take 5 hrs for my Chemo & sometimes a bit longer if I need extra meds.

Bad news ... the doctors were running behind 2 hrs this morning ...so I saw my doctor @noon instead of 10 am ~~ aargh, I wish someone could relay that there is a 'delay' ... Larry & I would have gone & had breakfast in the hospital! & I wouldn't have been an hour late to my other doctor appt in Iowa City. Oh well ~~

Good news ... I saw my Iowa City doctor that treats me for my illness from my 2006 stay @the hosp & prescribes all the meds that I take since that time. The Chemo has been kickin' (you know what) on my lifetime permanent meds & getting the dosages all out of range. But a couple weeks 'after Chemo' my body has been able to adjust & the lifetime meds work as they should. So, more blood tests but we have that 'plan of action' covered.

Ok, I've written a book ... asking for prayers & good thoughts again ... a couple more days of freedom before Chemo. Thanks so much ...I appreciate each good thought & prayer ... hugs, Jeanne

Comments (8)

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Thanks Karen for posting this as some here haven't gotten
    this update.
    She was on my mind all day yesterday...and was relieved
    last night to read this update from her Caring Bridge.
    Even though she had some bad mixed in with the good news...it's still a step forward that the Chemo is working!

Continued prayers for Jeanne..to bring her through.

jane

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Thank you, Karen & Jane ~~ appreciated! ~~Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne, so many here aren't on FB to get your updates and may not remember the Caring Bridge site (I get their notices). I want you to get as many prayers as possible and know the gang here is GREAT at that. :o)
    You are so loved by all of us.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Jeanne, T & P's still coming your way!
    Glad that the chemo is working and that you can go to a center you like.

I hope Waterloo is a decisive battle for you, just like it marked the final defeat for Napoleon, I hope Waterloo means a big defeat for your cancer!!

I'll add your name to the prayer chain at church too!!

Thanks Karen for the update.
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Karen, thanks for the update.
    I'm sorry Jeanne will have to undergo more Chemo, but thankful that the tumors are shrinking.
    My good thought and prayers are with you Jeanne.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

A Payer For You Dearfriend

There is an Iowa gal,
    Who is our Special Pal.

Tho aches & pains are many,
    She shares another tinny.

She delights our hearts,
    Showing all those parts.

Your such an inspiration,
    With all your decoration.

Woodsy themes your pleasure,
    And now we also treasure.

Your photography is over the top,
    And we're so glad you do not stop.

You make us smile,
    More than a mile!

Your wit and charm amuse us,
    In your writings we all see.
    The gal, our pal, a Dear Friend.

Sending more hugs, hugs, hugs and prayers, prayers, prayers your way, way, way!!!

Punk

PS. I'm not a poet but for some reason this just came to mind so decided to share.

• janet1_2007
    10 years ago

thoughts and prayers are headed your way. so sorry that you have this new fight to have to face; but I know that with all your friends prayers and your great attitude that you can do this.You look great in the pics that have been posted . Just take a day at a time (sometimes I can;t face a whole day. at a time and I just have to ask God to help me through the next hour.) I can handle anything for one hour, but sometimes 24 at one time seems overwhelming. Positive thoughts and lots of prayers coming your way.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Awwww.... thank you sweet 'Holiday-ers.' You are the best! I know many of you have so many trials in life, too...so I appreciate your very kind words.

punk ... you made me smile, girl! (more than a mile!) Thank you, my cheerleader friend! ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions