Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dining_delight

DD's Fall Decor for 2009

dining_delight
14 years ago

I have finally gotten around to taking some pics of my fall decor for this year and thought I'd share them with you.

This vignette is on the corner of the kitchen island

This is a Halloween display where I put little jack-o-lantern candle holders inside my trio of glass vases.

Coffee table Display inside metal tray

Fireplace Decor

Display on side table (same display on opposite side table)

Corner table in Dining Room

Sofa Table Display

Other end of Sofa Table

Full view of Sofa Table

Window Tablescape

Hope you enjoyed the little tour of my fall decor! Would love to see some pics of yours!

DD

Comments (13)

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

As always, DD, fabulous. I especially look forward to your Table for Two by the window, I really love that little area and how you decorate it ALL times of the year.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    14 years ago

Oh My DD...Every picture looks like a Magazine Photo Shoot Everything is just Beautiful! You have so many beautifully coordinated pieces in each vignette. I don't know where to begin. I love how you put together your Kitchen Island vignette. What a nice display in your Glass Jars.
    I always love your table for two. Always a very romantic setting. Your fireplace mantel and surroundings, are decorated with such a warm and inviting look. A perfect place to sit. Speaking of sitting... I would have a hard time deciding Where I would want to sit...Everyplace seems to be a perfect spot!!
    Thank you for sharing your Very inspiring Fall Decor. You have such a flair for decorating, with no corner left undetailed!

jane

• lynninnewmexico
    14 years ago

I agree with Jane, every pic looks like a shot from a magazine, DD! You have such wonderful Fall decs, but my all-time favorite is your table for two in front of your window. That one could be on a magazine cover! What a cozy, beautiful table!
    Lynn

• valleymagpie
    14 years ago

DD,
    I love your vignettes! They really do look like magazine shots. I'm going to try a vignette in the kitchen, which at least is done. I second Slinky on your table for two--I'm going to steal that idea. With luck, it will be half as good as yours!

- Magpie

• ncnana
    14 years ago

When I read the picture posts here, I always feel like I'm thumbing through a really lovely magazine. These pictures are definetly like that.

Your decor is all lovely, and you have put everything together beautifully.

I love everything, especially the table for two, and the coffee table display, oh then there's the sofa table, and the kitchen...everything. - Gail

• yachter123
    14 years ago

Ok, every time I thought I found a favorite, I'd look at the next picture & be wowed all over again.

My favs, pic.#1, the apothecary jars with sugared pumpkins in them, pic #3, the metal tray, with the fall things in the chest (been looking for some of them all summer at yard sales, they are neat to decorate), side table (simple elegance) sofa table (WOW) those tall metal candle holders & everything fits just perfect.

The apples, pears & sunflowers, such a departure from all the oranges & fall colors but works perfect.

Table for two, windwo tablescape, is perfect too.

Wowsa is all I can say, you sure did alot of decorating & it is all beautiful!!!

Loved seeing it all!!

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

It's all just beautiful, DD. So I just have to ask, how do you get those candles into those candle holders on your sofa table????? LOL Your table for two by the window looks so inviting, and seeing the fire in the fireplace just looks so nice and cozy. You sure have some pretty pieces to decorate with--and you do a beautiful job arranging them just right. TFS Luvs

• jaybird
    14 years ago

It's all beautiful...I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried!! You do such lovely displays, and here I am just loafing along...gotta' get busy!
    Thanks so much for posting.
    J

• dining_delight
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks ladies for all your wonderful compliments and comments! It is always fun to share things with you!

Karen, I enjoy coming up with different vignettes and tablescapes on our little table for two.

Jane, Lynn, Magpie, Gail, I'm trying to get better at pic taking and your compliments as far as "magazine worthy" mean a lot. When I take a bunch of pics like this, I try to make the effort to get out my tripod, don't use the flash and I've even got DH trying to build/buy me an adjustable stand to have an overhead light on!

Gail, I highly recommend creating a "table for two" in some corner of your home if you can. It makes for a cozy and intimate area whether it is for you and your DH, anyone who drops by or even for you to sit and read a magazine.

Yachter,I am upset that I didn't place my apothecary jars (kitchen island pic) correctly so that you could tell what is in the tallest jar (small ceramic pumpkins). Those little chests are fun to decorate (coffee table), I originally bought mine to put drink coasters in.

Luvs, those tall metal candle holders separate at the bottom and you can put pillar candles in or they actually came with votive holders. Quite versatile!

Jay, get busy!! LOL! Once you get started with your fall decor, it is fun...though if you are like me, you make a BIG mess doing it!

Thanks again everyone, you are TOO KIND!

DD

• mo13
    14 years ago

DD,
    You have been busy!! Hope that means you are all recovered from your accident. Love love the fireplace setting and the table for two. Everything is lovely, as usual. The sunflower votive holders are my fav!! You did a beautiful job on the console table - that looks soo professional.

I just took all my fall stuff out and spread them out on the dining table. I was lacking the motivation to set something up but your pics and Yatcher's inspiration pics were exactly what I needed to get my act together.

Mo

• kathleen_li
    14 years ago

It looks beautiful, DD..and your pics are so clear and sharp. The lighting is so impt. I bought those clamp on to do the food pics, but it is a pain! You have lots of good light. I have a covered porch and it makes it dark inside...
    Everything looks beautiful!

• prosperity66
    14 years ago

Ho! DD! What a wonderful collection! I really like your window table that looks so cosy!

You had a great idea regarding the small jack-o-lanterns! That's so original!

And I fell in love with the accessories I was in your kitchen, they're gorgeous! What a wonderful home you have!

Dom.

• neesie
    14 years ago

DD - You are very talented! I'm sure everyone who visits your home is inspired to do a little something at their own home. I was inspired by this forum last fall to purchase a few decorations myself, but I'm not nearly in your league! Enjoy the season. D (Denise)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions