Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Not into orange? How about pink?

luvstocraft
13 years ago

I like pink--but for Halloween, not so much! Thought you gals might like to see this however. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinkoween

Comments (13)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

The pink and silver is pretty darn neat looking! This might give Frou some ideas too! ;o)

I don't mind orange during Fall, mixed in with the rusts and golds and browns, but I really am not a big fan of the orange with black that much. Probably the main reason I don't do a lot of Halloween decorating. Now that purple is becoming a popular color for it tho, my interest may perk up more.

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Actually it is cool looking, y'all know I love pink for most every occasion. But, Fall and the 4th of July are the two holidays, I stick with the traditional colors, mostly anyway. I do like the pink and silver cupcakes, they look positively scrumptious.
    Frou

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I just ordered pink flatware, but for Halloween it isn't doing it for me.
    I don't like plain orange. I can take it mixed with the Fall, and to me, with the black it is traditional for Halloween. I do like the purple and black too, Karen, but no pink!

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Kathleen,
    From where did you order PINK flatware????
    OA

• luckygal
    13 years ago

That's very pretty and would be very appropriate for a girlie dessert party. Not something I'd do for Halloween tho. I'm partial to white pumpkins altho still have a few orange ones of course.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

I love pink and loved it for a change. I don't think I would go to that extreme for Halloween. However, I love my pink Christmas tree each year. I really like the purple and green that has been added for Halloween colors.

Punk

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Hmmmmm . . . well, it WAS very inventive, but it just didn't look the least bit Halloweenish to me. Still, I do like seeing ANY holiday decs, so thanks for the link, Kay.

Karen, I'm with you, I can only handle orange & black during the Fall months. But, like you, I'm loving the bright purple and greens they're using this season!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Ladies...take note...KATHLEEN actually said the words
    "NO PINK". Wow, I never thought I'd live to see the day!
    LOL

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Karen, just for Halloween, and Christmas too. Otherwise I am good with it for Spring and Summer.
    OA, from Bealls . I hope I like it! I ordered some for a friend too. Now I need black, and white. That's it, I think! But maybe not...:)

• nhardy
    13 years ago

I'm a traditionalist on Halloween colors. I love the fall colors. But if we all tuck in a little pink into our decorations for breast cancer awareness. I need to get started to drag out my fall decorations. I have been so overwhelmed with Mom's knee replacement last month.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Very good point, N. A tiny pink piece could slip in anywhere.
    I imagine you were very overwhelmed with your Mom's surgery. I saw what my friend just went thru recovering from her's, as well as the gal she was staying with. Awful. I hope your Mom's on the road to healing but know it takes such a long time. Not to mention the pain and rehab.

Kathleen, after seeing Judith's pink Christmas stuff years ago, and then some more during my night browsing, I was surprised how pretty it can be. Very surprised. I wouldn't do a whole house, but a small tree wouldn't bother me at all. Then again, I'm not really that happy with the traditional red and green. I prefer burgundy and hunter green when I can. Love those colors!

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Yes, I love the burgundy and dark green too.

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Ok, where's the pink poodle skirt???? Sorry, not doing it for me, but it's cute, but not for fall or Halloween!

Judith's pink Christmas was elegant & gorgeous, but there are just some places PINK does not go!