Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steiconi

Elegant Halloween Decor Ideas?

steiconi
9 years ago

I'm looking for elegant Halloween ideas. I'm thinking mostly black and white, adult, classy, not childish.

Some things I'm planning: black rose topiary, silver and crystal on the table, black branches in a huge urn...

Any suggestions?

We're pretty casual most the time, it'll be fun to have a total change!
Lee

Comments (9)

• alex9179
    9 years ago

Here are some ideas. I really like the centerpiece using white pumpkins and berry vine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Using white

• steiconi
    Original Author
    9 years ago

some nice ideas, especially like the burnt-edge leaves cut from old books or newspaper in the last picture.

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Really nice ideas....
    and very inspirational...
    TFS
    jane

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Black & white always looks so el egant! Some great ideas on that blog shared ~~ I like to use 'dishes' on my table for Fall ... some depression glass & tea & toast pottery plates. ~~Jeanne

• swest2_gw
    9 years ago

I was looking at a holiday magazine and they used burlap pumpkins (available at Hobby Lobby), white pumpkins, moss and dried purple hydrangeas. Very beautiful and elegant and very do-able.

• amylou321
    9 years ago

If you can find a silver,gray,white or dull lavender tablecloth, put a black lace table cloth over it for a very pretty effect. This time of year you can find lace tablecloths with very elegant halloween designs, and a lighter color underneath makes the designs pop. I usually do orange or dark purple because i like to do my decorations big,colorful, and obnoxiously tacky most of the time! EAch holiday comes only once a year right? LOL. But i think gray or even an off white underneath would go with your scheme better. Also, I have some lovely black lace window panels with halloween designs that i hang over sheer white curtains on my windows. I think they are very elegant too. You can find them online.Try ebay or amazon. If you can find a couple of nice candleabras for your table..that would add a dramatic touch without being to cheesy. Again, this time of year they are easy to find. Maybe put black stones (that you find in the floral section)in some hurricanes with white candles, or clear or silver stones with black candles. Just some ideas.....

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

Just stick to FALL. If you stay away from the kitchy bones, bats and Boos and deal in apples, pumpkins, leaves, dried naturals you will have a look that not only says Halloween but takes you up to Christmas.

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

check out Pinterest I'm sure you will find some good ideas there.
    Nana

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

WE HAVE ALL KINDS OF IDEAS ON AIKE'S ATTIC ON FACE BOOK!!

JUST SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST AND I WILL INVITE YOU IN TO THE AIKE'S ATTIC!! WE HAVE EVERY IDEA AVAILABLE!!

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!

SEND TO AIKE MCALPIN, WITH THE WHITE CAT AS THE PROFILE PICTURE!! AND LET ME KNOW THE ARE FROM THE GARDEN WEB!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!

CREEK

AIKE MCALPIN

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company
More Discussions