Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Western Cup & Saucer

Posted by kirkus (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 20, 10 at 1:48

Hi Everyone!

Karen, aka Purplemoon, is a dear, dear friend of my family. We love her and have adopted her as our own!!! I lurk here every so often to see what our dear friend is up to. I am soooo inspired by everyone's ideas!!!

I went to an estate sale ths weekend. WOW!!! Bought a box of Wallace China! The cups were 25 cents a piece. The saucers were 5 cents a piece! I also bought dinner plates for 75 cents a piece! Went onto Ebay and they go for a pretty penny!

My wife and I live in a rustic setting in the woods. We have rustic furniture...so this china will fit right in! I am sooo excited to use it! Will share a vignette once we get it all set up!

Had to share!!! Karen, hope you see this!!!

Bear Hugs! Kirk and Family

Cup2

Cup

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Western Cup & Saucer

Kirk, I'm really happy to see you over here! You got quite the buy on those western dishes. WOW. I'm use to you finding super stuff for the yard (on the Garden Junk forum) but now you are doing it inside too! I'd love to see you and Carol post some vignettes! Our Jeanne is a whiz at this stuff as you probably have noticed!

Thank you for the sweetest post, love you guys too.
You just made my night..or maybe day since its nearly 1 am here. LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

Kirk, those dishes are great I can see them in a western themed tablescape. NanaKaren

o

Hi Kirk, nice of you to come share your wonderful bargain finds with us. I can just see them paired with some bandana napkins! Please feel welcome here anytime. And you are not the only one who has "adopted" Miss Karen--she's a real sweetheart isn't she? Luvs

o

Kirk...what a bargain! $$$ Those dishes look very sturdy & will be fun to use! Those "roadrunners" on the GJ forum that you bought for a bargain price ...would look good with these dishes in a t'scape! LOL! My 1st t'scape was back in Feb. so I'll post the link. A bunch of the "holiday-ers" joined it & there were some really FUN tables created!

Thanks, Purplemoon...for the kind words...yes, Kirk, she is a precious forum friend here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jeanne's First Ever Full Tablescape...Yippee, Levi & Billy

o

Oh boy....any friend of Karen's is a friend of ours!!! You got a GREAT deal there, and I can't wait to see your table! All that AND a cabin in the woods!! You are blessed :^)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here