Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

help.....I can't stop shopping

Purplemoon
12 years ago

Birdcage candleholder from Sav On Crafts site (http://www.save-on-crafts.com). Its 17 inches high, cost $16.

{{gwi:1434267}}

A pair of bell jars, one is 15 inches, and one is 11 inches. I've been waiting for these to come back in stock for months! $25 for the pair.

{{gwi:1434268}}

I love this site!

hugs from Sept. Shopaholic Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: birdcage candleholder

Comments (22)

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

More great finds, Karen!
    I think there is a Shopaholics Anonymous forum on GW, but I think all they do is encourage more shopping....I believe it's run by Enablers-R-Us. LOL
    Enabler, Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Karen...I love what you found
    No help from me !! I'm right there with you - I also SUPPORT YOU! lol
    I actually have this site on my Favorites.
    They do have such great prices...
    Go Gurl!!
    Fellow Enabler...
    jane

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

I love the things you bought, Karen. I am especially partial to birdcages.

Marylee

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

oh I KNOW these will show up in some Holiday vignettes real soon - great purchases .....

Lynne

• Oakley
    12 years ago

That's my favorite website! They have everything you need at exceptionally low prices. Love the birdcage.

I'm shopping too, but for Christmas. Shock! lol

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Enablers!

Nana, LOL...good one. And oh-so-true!!
    hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Oh I know...don't you just LOVE that website! Love your new candle holder and your cloches!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Great buy on those two cloches, Karen, and I can see how you couldn't resist that pretty candleholder too. Luvs

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Great finds! (& now I've bookmarked that site!) UGH!
    It's OK, PM...enabling is a good thing...enabling is a good thing....enabling is a good thing....

LOL! Jeanne S.

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Love that birdhouse candle holder and the 2 cloches are neat too. We may be a bunch of enablers, but don't we have fun? Who else can spend a whole day and $20 or less and feel like they just won the lottery?So what if our favorite places are "seedy. dirty, little (or big) dark hole in wall joints with names like GW, SA,TS,Arc, and others like Dt,HL, Michales. We may be "questionable" characters, but WE DO HAVE FUN. It's a good thing! as Martha says. TFS Janet

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

janet...love your way of thinking - All so true! lol

jane

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yep, Janet nailed it perfectly. Jeanne, its so neat you wear PURPLE when you shop. LOL.

Last year when I bought that really tall apothecary jar, I got my DD one for her birthday, and she loved it. I think I may do a bit of Christmas shopping here this year. They have a wonderful selection of so many things.
    Shipping is very reasonable too I think. My stuff is only costing $10 to mail.

hugs, Karen

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Love that birdhouse candle holder and the 2 cloches are neat too. We may be a bunch of enablers, but don't we have fun? Who else can spend a whole day and $20 or less and feel like they just won the lottery?So what if our favorite places are "seedy. dirty, little (or big) dark hole in wall joints with names like GW, SA,TS,Arc, and others like Dt,HL, Michales. We may be "questionable" characters, but WE DO HAVE FUN. It's a good thing! as Martha says. TFS Janet

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Ignore my second post on Karen's post. I was interupted and when I came back to the computer, I didn't remember hitting the submit button, so I hit it and it posted again. Sorry, Janet

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Wonderful finds on both of these items Karen. I'm excited to see what you will do with them.

Yep, Janet, you nailed it!!!Twice.LOL Got to do a little ys yesterday and enjoyed it. I tell my DH and kids how much I save them by buying at these places instead of shopping at the mall so much. Only go there for clothes and sales now.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

LOL! I do look good in purple, PM!
    Janet...you did nail it (twice) as punk & jane said! LOL! Keeps our sanity, this place! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well Jeanne... if this place keeps our sanity, I sometimes wish it would give mine BACK. I need it.
    ;o)

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Holy Cow...you would not believe how BIG those bell jars are. Even tho I saw the measurements on the site, I was still shocked at the size of the larger one in particular.
    Both arrived safely and packed great, as always from this site. In fact, the stuff came in two boxes and heavily packed. Just the smaller box alone would have cost me more than $10 if I'd had to mail it...so you can be sure this place has the best rates around for shipping!

I am thrilled with my goodies!! Now if only I'd stop procrastinating and get my Fall stuff unpacked that I said I was going to do LAST week. sigh.
    If I get any more 'non-functioning' someone might as well shoot me. This is ridiculous.

Anyway, if you've ever wanted a bell jar, or apothecary jar, I highly recommend this site for one. You won't be disappointed.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Karen...I love 'dangerous shopping' sites like that!
    I look at that ($10) shipping fee - as gas money.
    Even better -
    Everything is shipped out quickly -
    delivered right to your door, and you don't
    even have to take off your slippers to shop !!
    Works for me!! lol

jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

In the pic those bell jars look very sturdy! Am so happy you got them & you'll get started...I know you will...it's early yet...tomorrow is the 1st day of Autumn...so plenty of time! Yes, good shipping rates...I've bookmarked that site...a good one! TFS, PM! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

I love what you bought, both things! I go there too ,put things in my cart, then don't check out! I save a lot of money that way, LOL!
    That black birdcage will be perfect for Halloween as a starter!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL, Kathleen, I've done that too.

Yes Jeanne, the bell jars are very heavy glass and sturdy.
    The SMALL one is about the size of the cloche that I decorate on my bathroom counter, you guys have seen it a lot. I haven't even begun to think WHERE I will put this big one, or what I will put in it.

I did pull the two bins out of the little shed out back,
    and two more out of the closet in my 'sitting room'. I got that closet reorganized somewhat. After Dad passed away, I started putting things in there I'd bought since last year for holidays. I had Fall, Halloween, Xmas, Easter...sheeesh. What a mess. Took me almost 2 hrs last night to redo it. Right now the Fall bins are sitting in the middle of the floor. Tho I did get the front porch started, and some on the back one too. Faux floral stuff.
    But the big job awaits of unpacking all the Fall decor and
    trying to make sense of it. Not to mention packing away some of my regular stuff till "next year". Bye bye big bunnies especially. ;o( Eight are now hibernating! A few more will be soon.

hugs, Karen