Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

A Couple Of Things To Share

phonegirl
10 years ago

While it's slower here, decided to share my buffet I got for Mother's Day from DH and the kids.
It sits in the other room so it won't ever be in on the DR decor. I love it painted with the Rooster, hen
and chicks. It is visible looking in from our front entrance.

I also am sharing the wedding couple I picked up at a ys this summer for $2. They are
Byers Choice LTD. The couple I bought them from said they were the neighbors and quite
expensive. They were asking $5 each with the boxes. They told me to shoot them a price.
I told them they wouldn't like my price and they wanted to hear it so I offered $2 for both
and they said 'YES'. I checked them out on ebay and they are a little pricey.Yes, score!

I told DGD I would set them up at her wedding and she gave me a very strange look and
of course I laughed like crazy. They might show up at Halloween but not sure so I'll share
them now. Would of been fun for your bridal shower table huh Nana?

I know this couple isn't for everyone but I'm sure I'll have a little fun with them at some point.
They stand about 12".

Punk

Comments (6)

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

That buffet is delightful, what a wonderful gift. Its so colorful and 'happy' looking. Rooster stuff is a favorite of mine for these reasons.

You did get a steal on the Byerly wedding couple. I'm sure you'll find something entertaining to do. I think you were on the right track with Halloween for these two, LOL.

I'll get you pix soon of my new little china cabinet and big woodland Santa. Only purchases I've made in a long, long time. (I had posted about UN-decorating in response to Candy on the 29th asking where I was.)

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Punk, your new buffet is perfect! I love how you decorated it.
    It would be perfect in my Dining Room if I had space.
    Your Byerly Bride and Groom are adorable! And such a Steal ...I mean bargain.
    They would have been cute on my bridal table.
    Now I'm picturing how I could use them on a table
    Oh wait, they're yours! lol

Can't wait to see how you use them.
    TFS
    Nana

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Did I hear 'Woodlands Santa' ... my ears perked up, Purplemoon!!! LOL!

punk ... I am lovin' the 'rooster' cabinet! That is quite an awesome gift! ..love the mix of the light & dark woods & the painted doors! Very cool!

I am not a Byers fan...so I can see why your DGD gave you a 'look' about the bride & groom ... LOL! Too funny! But a great bargain $$ ...you rock, girl! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karen, I need to go read that post. I don't like hearing UN-decorating from you. I sooo enjoy seeing all your decor.

Nana, I'm not ready to hand them over but wish you lived closer and you know I would share in a heart beat!

Jeanne, that couple only came home with me because I couldn't resist for $2.

Glad to hear all of you like my new buffet. I've tole painted for years so it's right up my alley. Thanks for looking and all your comments.

Punk

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Gee Punk...can I adopt your family?? lol
    I love that Rooster buffet...again, boy they have great taste
    'thru you' !! I agree it's decorated beautifully. Something about the country homey look of Roosters that I always liked.
    I laughed over your DGD giving you a 'look'...I can understand..they're not your usual 'Bride & Groom' looking couple..hehehe - However, you did get them for a steal!
    I can see you adding some Halloween to them...even Thanksgiving..hey they're the perfect couple for Holiday 'Dress Up' occasions!
    Loved what you shared.
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jane, we would be delighted to have you adopt our family. DS just sent a company down to measure our home for granite yesterday. I guess they want an auto and would like to trade for work. We'll see how that works out and I'll post pictures if it happens. Our kids are so giving and it makes me smile.

I'm so going to try to do Halloween with the couple for some UNUSUAL fun this year.HAHA Thanks for all your sweet comments.

Punk

Sponsored
Expert Cabinetry Refinishing & Refacing in Loudoun County
More Discussions