Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Look! Edible acorns!

luvstocraft
13 years ago

OMG! Aren't these too cute? Just a mini vanilla wafer cookie and a chocolate kiss and a dab of icing! Arrow about halfway down the page. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Edible acorns

Comments (15)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

LOL..."Scrat", you're really reaching for it this time!

Those are too cute, and look yummy!
    hugs,Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

So cute...I don't think they'd last too long.- they look so yummy. I'd probably be guilty of eating them as I make them~ @@
    I liked all the other great ideas too..
    Thanks Luvs...

jane

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I love it when someone comes up with an incredibly clever idea that is so easy (I'm assuming you can BUY mini wafers, right?).

I know what I'm serving for snacks this Thanksgiving.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Way cute, acorns, luvs! I'll need to buy 2 bags of Kisses, cause like Jane above, I'd be eating them as I make them! Thanks...I'm going to try & remember for T'gvg also! Jeanne S....and like the others here, everytime I am "thriftin'" & see an acorn item, I think of you!(& weigh in my mind the shipping chrgs) LOL!

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Luvs, I bet you'd go nuts over them!

I thought of you yesterday in CTS, but yes, the shipping would be double the cost of the item!
    It was cute though!
    Jane, did you see the covered acorn bowls? Brown with a lttle metal stem?

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Hi Kathleen.. Yes I saw them, and I did think of Luvs too.. You're right the shipping would 'kill the bargain'.

Hope you got some good bargains...and were able to
    return what you had to >>> yeah right!

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Luvs, it sure looks like its impossible for any of us to go shopping without you. You made us all NUTS! LOL.
    And no telling how many you've gotten hooked on acorns now too, besides me. When my DDIL took me shopping last week, every time I saw an acorn, I said "ohh, Luvs would like that"...then I said "wait a minute, I like that!!". LOL.
    See what you've done!

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL You gals are so funny! Should I be sorry that I've caused all of you to be obsessed with acorns right along with me????? Not! ;o)

Besides it's no fun being the only "nut" in the "bowl", I want all my friends there with me! And I think it is pretty darn cool that you all "think of me" everytime you see an acorn--I do the same about all of you when I see transferware, bunnies, rustic items, cute salt/pepper shakers, etc.

I appreciate the thought, but please do not mail things--the postage is just ridiculous and sure takes the fun out of finding a bargain you would love to share--I know because I've done it a few times myself! If you like it, just buy it for yourself and I will get pleasure seeing it in your pics, I promise! (And yes, I will probably tell you how much I love it and how seeing it is making me drool, etc. etc. just smile and ignore me!) LOL

Luvs

• jaybird
    13 years ago

I'm ignoring you anyway :^)
    Those acorns will be perfect for our big Thanksgiving dinner...that's the one where we get alllllllll of both families together....and I try to kill myself :^) I have several leaf plates, so I can put them around here and there! Thank you so much for the idea!
    J

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

*that's the one where we get alllllllll of both families together....and I try to kill myself*

OK. Now that made me laugh right out loud.

Lordie, how I can relate.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Luvs, I'm going to ignore you too. LOL. Half the fun I get is sharing when I can and postage isn't going to change that. So don't waste your breath on me cause

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sure some "Stuborn" people on this forum! And in the words of Forrest Gump "that's all I've got to say about that!" LOL

Jaybird--you know you LOVE entertaining and the more the merrier! Bet doing family dinners is a snap for you after all those events for the ladies that you organize. ;o)

Karen, refer to my first paragraph above! LOL (Love the cute kitty pic.) ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Luvs,
    Those acorns look yummy and I will try to remember to show DD for DGD preschool party. Did you notice the hamburger made out of cake? Thought of OA when I seen that cute remake. Alot of cute ideas on here.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You are not going to believe this! See that cute little kitty above that Karen posted when I told everyone that postage is too expensive so don't send me anything? I had just hit the submit button when my doorbell rang and there was a package at my door. Now who do you think it was from????? Yep, sweet Ms. Karen had bought multiples of the bag of acorns, acorn dish, and big crackled acorn so she could share with me! My first thought when I saw that the package was from her was "Now how did she do that!" LOL

Thank you Ms. Karen, you are too good to me! I'd better get busy and pull out my decs and get some pictures posted so you can see how I use all your wonderful goodies. ;o)

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Jane, I did get some cute things!
    And I am going back tomorrow as they overcharged me...a lot!

Did you see the spider web metal cupcake and cake holder?

Anyway, I bought these last year in the winter , on sale. I paid about 3 bucks each bowl.

Luvs, I will use them in a scape just for you! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: acorn and oak bowls

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts
More Discussions