Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

My 'Jeanne Tree' !

plainjane425
10 years ago

Hi everyone...don't fall down! I know I haven't posted
any pics in a LONG time ever since my house went up for sale....
but wanted to share this with you.

Ever since Jeanne shared her Vine Tree with us yrs ago..
and whenever she would show it here...I'd get pangs!! LOL
I just had to have one...sooo I decided to gather up the vines around my property and make myself one. Started to do that about a yr ago, but got sick and never went back to it. Well I figured I'd better gather up those vines around here while I still can!
Also, this was a great therapy project, for many reasons..
Now mind you...my tree is as crude as crude can get...lol
but I'm happy, and it makes me smile b/c of Jeanne!

I previewed it on FB while I was working on it and Karen
called it the 'Jeanne Tree' So Jeanne...you started it all GF!
Please forgive the size of the pictures. Photobucket has
changed so many settings since I last used it and I don't know what size to resize...I anyone can tell me...I'd appreciate it!.

The rusted tin garland was from Factory Direct Crafts..great stuff and prices

I got the little apple garland for .50 at the Ultimate Yard Sale that I go to every yr in Stormville, NY.

Night Shot...

Hope you enjoyed what I did...
Thank you for looking...

jane

Comments (22)

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Wow Jane, your 'Jeanne Tree' is so cool all lit up. Love the lg pictures! It really shows the tin and apple garlands. I thought they were wooden cutouts before. Sweet little pumpkin and berry vine additions.

Your wagon with the pumpkins and pinecones is the perfect setting for it. I'm so glad you was able to finish it in time to enjoy it this year. Now can you gather some more twigs and make me one?LOL

Hope this is your post that will keep you sharing on here again. I always love everything you share with us.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

You actually made the vine tree?? WOW!! I am totally impressed! Looks wonderful and your wagon setting is just perfect. Great job!

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

You already know what I think of this tree and all your work on creating it. Like Marlene, that's really impressive you could MAKE one!! And as both gals said,
    the wagon setting is perfect. Great job on everything.

I bet Jeanne is going to love the Jeanne Tree too, and tickled she inspired you to create one. Now we'll have two neat vine trees to enjoy here. :o)

We let you off the decorating hook last Fall due to putting your house up for sale (oh, and I guess for being sick too ) but this year you just might have to drag out your stuff and join in again. ;o)

hugs sweet friend,
    Karen

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Punk - Marlene & Karen...this was a challenge
    but a fun one..now that it's done ! lol

Ha Punk..'.gather up those vines to make you one'....GF..
    .I probably would give it a try and it probably would be better after all the trial and error making mine! However,
    I think I need a little time to recover after this one...hehehe

marlene...after seeing how much an already made one cost...and with having 'free vines' galore all around my property..that was incentive enough to make my own..and of course
    thinking of Jeanne's!! lol

Karen..I had mentioned last year to Jeanne that I was collecting the vines to make one..which never came about but with the Fall season upon us...I kept thinking of her beautiful one..and just forced myself to get it done..I hope too that she'll be tickled seeing it!
    Now as far as 'dragging out my stuff to join in...
    I will if you will !!!! LOLOL
    jane

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Love it!!
    The tin garland, the apple garland (50c!!!!wowza), the wagon, and of course, THE VINE TREE!!!

Amazing job, and even more impressive that you made it!
    We don't have vines like that around here, at least I don't think we do, but it sure was worth the wait.

I have seen TV shows about that yard sale, but there is nothing like it around here. I just have to be content with my Thrift Store treasures.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Jane, you're ON !!! My fall storage bins came out of shed this afternoon and are in garage, and I'll start tackling them tomorrow!
    How's that....ball's in your court now!
    LOL

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ha! Karen...you got me!
    I guess I'll have to pull some of my stuff out..DH has me
    on a limited decorations contract! lol Even the new
    realtor we got told me to keep everything at a bare
    minimum... But I'll manage to get around it all...lol
    So 'Back At Ya'>>> Your Serve !
    ....Looking forward to seeinge what you do..
    Oh..and so does Jazz!! LOL
    jane

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Very fun! Love the little apple garland on the twig tree! Really cute :)

-SD

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Jane, I think your DH and your realtor are missing the boat on this one.

And yeah, I'm sure Jazz is all excited its time to decorate.
    He will certainly enjoy it. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Candy...SD thanks for the comments..and glad you liked the end results.

Candy..yes that Flea Market has been on Flea Market Flip...it's one of the two Flea Markets I go to...the other on that show is Elephant's Trunk...We've been going to them for yrs...in fact Stormville since it first opened over 40 yrs ago!

Karen..I KNOW Jazz will be so excited. After seeing that pic of him just hanging out kind of bored by his dish..he will welcome the 'Smell & Excitement' of new prey...lol

As far as DH & the Realtor...they're a tough duo...I have to laugh b/c everytime we have a showing and I come back ...I find that DH hid this or that of some of my things that I have out right before we leave - always claiming -
    'it's too much to look at' they won't notice the house!!! LOL

jane

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Next time tell DH y'all could just pack up everything and move....then the house would be plenty empty for people to notice.

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Love your Jeanne tree, especially the night pics. Looks like a lot of work, but sure came out nice & the rusty items & apples & yellow things really fill it in nicely!! Jeanne will love it!! Glad you are feeling better. I always come here right before I turn computer off as seeing the pretty tables & décor gives me a lift! Enjoy all your lovely things on this forum! Jan

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Oh wow! Oh Wow, Wow! You did it, Jane...& it's a fantastic 'vine' tree! Love the rustic pumpkins & the apple garland ... cute as can be! & of course, the wagon base & pumpkins! (not overly decorated on your porch area there for showing the house).... love it~~love it! I'm hoping to get mine out the 1st week of Oct ... more chemo coming up soon so will have some down time again for awhile.

You made my evening ...well, early Fri morn... I'm up way too late or too early, whichever. TFS, jane...your posts are always awesome! Jeanne S.

(hey, our 'party' girl made a tree, too ... last yr, I think ... pretty cool!)

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Jan for such nice comments. It's nice to know
    you enjoy seeing what everyone does here. It IS a happy place...
    espec during the holidays, with lots of fun ideas
    from everyone.

Jeanne..I'm so happy you enjoyed seeing my tree.
    Thanks for the compliments.
    You're the one that got me going on it ever since I saw your
    beauty. It's not quite as nice as yours, and I hope it holds up..but I'm enjoying it.
    It will be fun decorating ea holiday too. Look forward to yours..
    it's always one of my favorites .
    Hope when you get past next week...you'll be on your way to decorating yours.
    jane

• janet1_2007
    10 years ago

Jane, what a fantastic tree. I love Jeannies too and yours is just as pretty. What kinds of vines did you use. We have grapevines and some wild vines grow locally, don't know the name; but at least I know they are not poison ivy. I may just have to try one someday. Ours still have the leaves on them, is it better to wait until the leaves are off? Also what did you use as a frame to get the shape. Would a tomato cage work? I apologize about not posting on many post for the last year, but like Jan, I always visit GW before bed. Gives me something nice to think about as I try to cleanse my mind from the stresses of the day and sleep. I am going to really make an effort to try to do better. I have came to the realization that nothing is going to change what is happening to DH and I need to find the little things that will help me stay sane through this. I enjoy this forum sooooooo very much!

• janet1_2007
    10 years ago

Jane, what a fantastic tree. I love Jeannies too and yours is just as pretty. What kinds of vines did you use. We have grapevines and some wild vines grow locally, don't know the name; but at least I know they are not poison ivy. I may just have to try one someday. Ours still have the leaves on them, is it better to wait until the leaves are off? Also what did you use as a frame to get the shape. Would a tomato cage work? I apologize about not posting on many post for the last year, but like Jan, I always visit GW before bed. Gives me something nice to think about as I try to cleanse my mind from the stresses of the day and sleep. I am going to really make an effort to try to do better. I have came to the realization that nothing is going to change what is happening to DH and I need to find the little things that will help me stay sane through this. I enjoy this forum sooooooo very much!

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Janet, my heart goes out to you. Such a hard road you are traveling. I know you must be mentally and physically exhausted each day. Its good hear our Forum helps you go to bed with nice things to think about.

You are right, anything you can find to enjoy...GRAB hold of. I just read about a lady who each day writes down one good thing that happened (she said even its just the feel of sunshine on her shoulder), and then drops her little note in a pretty jar to keep and re-read
    when needed. I love that idea.
    hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Janet I agree with Karen...I too am so sorry for your
    struggles. There's something to be said about the
    caregiver needing TLC for all they go through.
    It's good to know you enjoy coming here and it helps you
    some. We come and we go...but we always come back
    because this very dear forum group is so caring and supportive.
    If we can help bring some sunshine to each other when needed, then it's a good thing.

As far as the shape of the tree, yes I did use a tomato
    cage. Also, the vines that are growing around here are a
    mixture of grape & berry vines. I cut them while the leaves
    are still on them because I find they are still easy to bend.
    But before I do, I pull all the leaves off. I hold one end and
    run my other hand along the vine and they just come right off.
    It's time consuming, but I enjoyed doing it...'My Therapy' !! lol
    Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed looking and please
    no need to apologize...you have a full plate, and if coming here just to 'look' helps...then enjoy!
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Jane you did such a GREAT job on your 'Jeanne Tree' It looks really cool in the wagon with the pumpkins. I hope you can share more with us while you are waiting for your house to sell. Nana

• party_music50
    10 years ago

Jane, you did an excellent job making the tree and your decor is wonderful!!! Why is it that others can find the perfect decor for 50-cents, while the thing I bought for $10 turns out to look awful?! LOL!

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

party ... post your vine trees here! On your porch, isn't it? Hugs, Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nana, Party ...thanks for the sweet comments.

Don't exactly know how much more I'll be abie to
    do Nana but will try to join in when I can.
    Party...like Jeanne said post your tree here
    I must have missed seeing it and would love
    for you to share it here again. As far
    as .50 finds...I don't come across them
    often. I think it was just being in the
    right place at the right time!
    Thanks again ladies.
    jane

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company