Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

End of Summer Blues Table

christmascandy
11 years ago

Since I am feeling blue about summer ending, I decided to set a blue table.

Everything on the table is a TS treasure except for the individual S & P's and the blue water glasses which I found at Home Goods.

I found the checked plates and then found some blue and white checked knives, but had to use blue flatware for the rest.

The goblets have a pretty blue floral design on them.

I added some yellow roses just to give it a bit of happy color.

Today was chilly and rainy, which was definitely needed after the hottest and dryest summer on record for CO. I know we need the moisture, but it was such a drastic change from the 91 degrees we had yesterday, and a foretaste of things to come.

I actually don't mind fall as long as it stays warm, but am not ready for chilly weather just yet. Fortunately, it is supposed to warm up again.

So...feeling a bit blue about the end of summer. : (

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (7)

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Candy, I understand feeling blue about summer ending.
    But your Blue Table is lovely.
    The plaid plates are charming. I love the way the blue stripe on the goblets mimics the stripes in the tc.
    The napkins are so pretty..and the plaid knives are sweet.
    Adding the yellow roses is the perfect touch.
    I don't feel blue looking at this table!!
    TFS
    Nana

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, what a beautiful Summer Blues ts. Wondefful find on the dishes, glasses and flatware. Those napkins are such a neat pattern!

So glad you had time to go shopping and share this ts with us. I've been working long hours and it's always fun to have something to look at while I eat dinner. Everything froze in our garden but now it's back to warming up here.

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nana, I like the table and it doesn't make me blue, just the shorter days and chilly nights. The blue color represents my feelings about the end of summer and with that the necessity of putting away my gazebos and outdoor furniture and outdoor decor, the dying of my flower garden and eventual coming of winter.

Punk, I have had the gingham plates and the floral goblets for quite a while, just finally got around to using them in a tablescape.

I have lots of fall and Halloween decor. I just need the mental acceptance of fall to get them out, LOL I'm still in deep denial.

Thanks,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Laughing at your "deep denial", please forgive me. Tho I'm sort of feeling the same... for opposite reasons! I'm trying to deny its going to be in the 100's for another month, so grasping at anything that looks like Fall. MUST decorate this week! I can't wait to see all your pretty Fall stuff again.
    Meanwhile, this blue table is lovely! Such a soft shade and very serene. The tiny splash of yellow is just perfect.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

"Am I blue...without you...." I'm humming that song! (sorry to see summer go, too...but too hot & too dry for too long)!
    Such a beautiful, 'cool' summery table, candy...I love the t'cloth you chose for the bkgrd...perfect w/your white wicker. And choosing that white wood lantern for a centerpc, adding the flowers & another hint of color works so good!

Pretty dishes & esp love the patterned dessert dish or salad plate at each setting. Flatware makes me smile...using the checkered & the solid...cool! Lovely summer table! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

What a beautifully serene and inviting table! LOVE the checked plates and your centerpiece holder is beautiful!

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Sorry I'm late in posting..been working feverishly getting this house ready to sell.
    But I must say it was refresing to stop in and see your lovely table. I too hate to see Summer end..
    I love the soft and pretty shade of blues. Love the floral & checked plates and the salad plates too.
    Your flatware, napkins and tablecloth go perfectly together and I also love your pretty stems. Your white lanten CP is very different and I like how you accented it with the blue flowers.
    Thanks for giving Summer a last 'Hurrah'!
    I enjoyed looking.
    jane

Sponsored
More Discussions