Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Jester Table

phonegirl
12 years ago

Finally put together a table with the jesters, pfaltzgraff and apple blossom dishes I thought I couldn't live w/o. Added a few more ys finds.

Mercury glass for a cp vase. Glass candle holder between the jester and bowl on the right side that I forgot to put a candle in.LOL Turned bowls upside down and placed my recent find silver candle holders on them for some added height. Added a few poker chips. All of our decks of cards are in the toy hauler and DH put it in the shed before I got to them. Won't be playing any cards here until I go get some.

My camera battery was going dead but got a few shots. Changed TJ's clothes and put her Nike cap on from DGD. Got her box from the gal I bought her from and her name is really Chrissy, but I like Jeanne's TJ.

Closeup of the Anchor Hocking Apple Blossom snack plates.

TJ, ready for the party.

Found this plate at a ys for .25. Matches my pitcher from my last table quite well. May be able to use them together for a vignette one day.

Not sure why the one picture will not resize but need to go get some laundry done so will post anyway.

Punk

Comments (10)

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Glad you got to use those neat apple plates. Is the red on them or on the plate under them? Really eyecatching. Little TJ looks so darling sitting there, she has such a pretty face. I like how you used the plate under your centerpiece and your tablecloth is so pretty with the stripes. Sure looks like you've had some fun "shopping" lately. ;o) Luvs

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

I see you're making up for lost time!
    Lovely job on this table Punk...it's very dramatic looking with the Red/Black & White combo. I like how you layered the apple dishes to show them off. Those jesters are really nice too and your Mercury Glass CP is very striking.
    You picked the right napkins and tablecloth to set everything off beautifully.
    I'm laughing at TJ & her little puppy...all dressed up fancy waiting for the party. Adorable!
    jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Mercury Glass & Poker Chips...who wouldn't thought of that! You're an original, punk! Like Jane, I love the RW&B combo here...those 'jesters' are just so darn CUTE! And I like those apple blossom plates that you knew you needed! LOL! (another unique idea...the poker chip under the glassware! ...& the red bowls upside down!) Lots of good ideas here!

Oh, TJ ... she looks cute w/her Nike cap & her little pink spoon among all that fancy placesetting! Real lit candles...ahhh, come on...better get her a battery op one or she make go up in smoke!

Your red linens are very dramatic...I'm ready to eat & then play cards! Maybe we'll have to change to a 'black' t'cloth then ...& play a little 'blackjack!' TFS, punk! Very fun table! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Punk, Such a fun, creative table! I love the Jesters they are so cute. The red tablecloth is perfect with your Apple Blossom snack plates. I wouldn't have been able to live without them either.
    I love the plate, it says it all Doesn't it?
    TJ looks adorable, and ready to party. I'm sure she was a big help setting this table LOL.
    I really enjoyed this table, TFS
    Nana

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

So pretty Punk.
    One of my favorite combinations of colors. The centerpiece is well balanced by the candlesticks and just the right amount of silver to add a little shimmer.
    Very well done. :)

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Luvs, the red is on the blk/wht plates. I had bought this set to use for the 4th thinking they were blue. When I got them out in the real light they were blk. The cp plate is the matching platter.

Jane, I bought the mercury glass at a ys very cheap. It had a candle in it. Not sure if it is a vase or candle holder but I chose a vase for this table with it.LOL I should of taken a better pic of TJ. Her pants have embroidery on the legs to match her top. The set was one of DGD and so was the spoon.

Jeanne, I dance to the beat of my own drum alright. Thank goodness I work or who knows what I'd come up with. I have to share what I have before I hide it from myself.haha

I have battery lights but never thought about little TJ going up in smoke!LOL Next table. Bring Dollbaby and come on over and we'll change up the tc and play!

Nana, hope the apple plates will inspire me to do an apple ts one day. I have alot of faux ones but they are out in the shed. That plate is fitting my attitude more and more.LOL

Do you think TJ is old enough to start helping out? I'll have a talk with her and see what happens.LOL

MM, so good to have you back here. I love bling so never have a problem adding some to my ts.

You are all so fun and have the sweetest comments. Thanks!

Punk

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Very pretty table. I love the jesters and the poker chips under the glasses is too clever!!

Your CP is very striking. I think you made the right choice getting those apple plates. Maybe you should whip up some appletini's to go with the decor, LOL

I see lots of possibilities for all your pieces.

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

LOL, punk...I am not good at Black Jack ...but will be happy to bring Dollbaby along if that bus ever passes my way! CO is about 14 hr drive from here...so maybe we should bring a motorhome! You always bring a smile to my face, punk! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Candy and Jeanne, glad you liked my unique idea! Maybe we can invite everyone over and we'll play BJ and drink appletini's. Luvs has the motorhome so that might not be out of the question.LOL

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Punk, I have to Ditto what all the others said...this is one fun, colorful, interesting table! What a great idea with the poker chips!!

Had to laugh at the saying on your little plate...I have one with same saying, tho different picture on it.

Can't believe you gave TJ a LIT candle, LOL. Bad Mommy!
    But I'm sure she's a good girl and won't play with fire.
    ;o)
    hugs, Karen