Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
National Lighthouse Day table

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 23:51

Set this table last week for National Lighthouse Day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The plate rims have images of sailing ships on the ocean.
The napkin rings are mini life preservers.

Candyshot:

The CP is a battery operated fountain that plays ocean sounds.

Literally everything on here is a thrift store treasure.

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: National Lighthouse Day table

I love this table!!!
It reminds me of the song
'Sailing sailing over the ocean blue'
The little glass beads are like sunshine glistening on ripples in the water.
wonderful table for late summer.
Candy You have the best TS treasures and know exactly how to use them to create a perfect table.
yep, I'll be smiling all day thinking of this delightful table.

I wish more of our regulars come back to share a word or two.
Thank you for helping to keep the forum going. it would be really lonely here without you!!

Where did you look to find out about National light house day?
I looked on a few sites and couldn't find anything interesting to do for August.
TFS
Nana

This post was edited by nana2010 on Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 9:33

o

Nana, there is a website that I find by googling: holidays, the month, and 2014.
I think it comes up as holidayinsights.com.

It gives something for every day of each month.

It does seem as though you and I are the only ones posting much these days.
I know others have issues that are distracting, but few even visit, let alone, comment anymore. Maybe once summer is over, more will come back.

Lets hope so anyway.
Candy

o

thanks for the address, Candy.
I really hope more come back too.
Nana

o

I love the sailing themed table, Candy. The glass bubbles are a great addition and the life preservers as napkin rings are so clever.

I check this forum every week. I want to be more of a contributor, but access to my tableware has been problematic for a while as we have been making repairs to the house. I'm so tired of that process, but I know it has to be done. I hope the major tasks will be finished by Thanksgiving, but the process seems to move very slowly.

I really appreciate all of you who post here and enjoy your threads even if I don't comment on each of them. I'll try to do better about comments because I know it's disheartening to take the time to start a thread and garner no comments.

o

Fun, thank you! I'm sorry you are going through home repair issues, but glad you took the time to post.

So many people who used to post/comment are missing anymore, that it is disheartening.

It's kind of to the point that it feels like "nobody even looks or comments anymore, so why bother to post anything."

It means a lot that you took the time to comment.
Thank you,
Candy

o

Shut Up! All from Thrift Shops....How cute is this!
Love how you put this together using the 'glass bubbles' and the Napkin Rings are perfect! Great Ocean Water color scheme. The Tablecloth and placemats set off the Ships on the Water Plates nicely. I have to say that your CP is Coolest! I thought it just lit up, which is a nice effect, but Playes Sounds of the Ocean ...how unique. Glad you found and brought it all home and created this fun table.
Thank You Candy...
I might not be on here as often as I'd like...but when I do pop in...I love and appreciate All you & Nana do...Always.
looking forward to when I have a home & my treasures back with me so I can join in again.
jane

o

Candy,

It is just Gorgeous!! It reminds me of the song:

If it wasn't for the lighthouse!!

I want to go thirfting with you!! You always find the most Beautiful things and put them together like they were just meant to be!!

You definitely have an eye for decorating, no doubt about it!!
Just Lovely!! The Colors are so Cheerful and Happy! It makes me smile!!

Thanks for helping to start my day out on a good note by seeing such a Beautiful Table Setting!

As I told Nana, this is my first decorating Family!!! Count me in on being here as the Holidays approach! I love this Family Group!

Again, I hope and pray that everyone is well enough to return and all the circumstances get solved so we can all be together Again!!

Love To You All,

Creek

o

What a fun table. Especially like the dishes and napkin rings. Great job!

o

Oh Candy, this is such a beautiful setting. When I was
In CA we drove by a light house out on an island that was
So darn cute. You can stay there'. They come over and
Pick you up by boat.

The life preserver napkin rings r so cute. Everything is just
Perfect on this tablecloth for Nat'l Lighthouse Day.

Punk

o

Ohhh...all these blues are so lovely ... you have the knack, candy! I am always amazed & impressed with your 'buys' & your 'vision.' The place settings are gorgeous! ~~Jeanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here