Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: my baby granddaughter arrived today!!

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 22, 11 at 23:51

My newest granddaughter arrived today via C-section. She was very tiny, 5 lb. 8 oz. and has had a very long day of trying to get her blood sugar and temperature stabilized, but finally things seem to be OK. I can't believe how tiny she is, my babies were both over 7 lbs, but she is a fighter and really let everybody know she was unhappy with getting stuck with so many times to test her blood!! LOL

The man upstairs really took care of us today and I am so grateful and feel very blessed. I just wanted to share my good news with all my friends here!!

I'll have to wait a bit to catch the bus now, as my DD is going to need help with the 3 yr. old once she gets home since she can't lift anything heavy. I guess you'll just have to make the bus come here instead, LOL

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: my baby granddaughter arrived today!!

Congratulations to you and your family Candy.
Best wishes for the new little one!

o

I am so thrilled for you, and so relieved that all is ok.
Know its been a rough day and a lot of worry before it even arrived.

I'd gladly take the bus there. While you are babysitting little 3yr old Cody, you can point me in the direction of all those fabulous thrift stores you go to. LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

How wonderful Candy!
Blessings to your new little DGD.
I hope your DD recovers from the surgery quickly.
What is the baby's name?
Nana

o

Congrats! Nothing like a new grandchild in the whole world. I am glad that all is good with the new mom and bab and yes you will have a full plate for a while. Enjoy this special time, Janet

o

Congratulations Candy, I know you are so thrilled that the new little one has arrived. And this means you get to spend more time with your other grandchild too! Luvs

o

Oh, our greatest blessings, candy...a gr'child! Congrats to you & your family...sounds like babygirl has a good grip on life already...a fighter! Hugs to you & yours! Enjoy! Jeanne S.

o

Congratulations Candy on the arrival of the new 'Little Princess'!
What a wonderful Blessing.. I'm so happy to hear she is doing well. She sounds like a little 'toughy' too.
I'm sure with you helping out, DD thinks of you as a Blessing too.
Looking forward to hearing her name and maybe a pic or two.

Don't worry about missing the Bus...I think we can change the itinerary and head your way - no problem...
As Karen said, just point us in the direction of those fab TS !!
jane

o

Candy, this is wonderful news! So happy for you and yours. I agree we'll all head your way and do some shopping while there.LOL

Punk

o

Congratulations, Candy!
My first gchild barely weighed 5 lbs and caught up quickly!
God bless her!

o

Congratulations on your new granddaughter Candy! So glad she's doing well!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here