Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Late Summer T'scape (before Fall so quickly arrives!) (pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

I bought this 'shower curtain' at a TS for $3 recently & wanted to do a late Summer t'scape before Fall arrives. It fit my porch table pretty good & loved the green of the leaves & wanted to bring a bit of summer indoors:

You may recognize the green pottery plates underneath(Gabriel Pasadena Pottery)from a GS that I've posted before & the American Atelier Pompeii Fruit salad bowls (from GWill)last yr. Flatware (old stuff) that I brought in from our camper..compote fruit glass cups (25 cts each TS) Here's a closer view:

The church GS glasses w/etched bees & dragonflies are frosty looking ...so I put napkins inside the glass so you can appreciate the beauty...glasses are very pale green & so heavy...they may really be vases...who knows?

For a centerpc I brought in a couple small Elephant Ears, a couple sprigs off an Euonymus shrub & a few Hosta stems ready to bloom...put them in pitcher behind my indoor Garden Fairies:

Keeping summer alive, I gave the fairies a 'pond' of 'bubbles' to explore. The pottery pc is also a TS find a few yrs ago & the bubbles are "Liquid Marbles" from Dollar Tree last yr.

Here's a closer view...they expand in water! I used them in a clear glass jar w/a candle a couple yrs ago. Fun, uh?

So here's the whole "Late Summer" t'scape:

and, of course, a 'candyshot:' ;-)

Hope you're enjoying some of these 'last days of summer!' TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

The weather is in the 80's now & more bearable...late summer

Comments (15)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne...lovely table. Very soft & cool (weather wise) looking! Your dishes are so pretty and compliment your (shower curtain) table cloth perfectly. I love the soft colors and leafy pattern of both. Your frosted glasses w/etched bees & dragonflies, are very differnt and complete the look so nicely.
    I like the centerpiece you put together. The greenery with the garden fairies add to the sereneness of everything.

I've been putting off doing a Summer table, and realized, like you, time is moving quickly, and soon it will be over. Now after seeing your lovely table, you've given me a push to 'get going'.
    Thanks for your inspiration...I enjoyed looking.

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Love the soft colors, and agree with Jane that its a 'cool' look in this summer heat. Made me feel like I'm sitting under a big ol' shade tree. The shower curtain made a perfect tablecloth. And especially the way it goes with those neat bowls!
    I love fairies as you know, yours are so pretty.

Yep, this is definitely my kind of table!
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Such a pretty late Summer table.
    Using the shower curtain as a table cloth is perfect.
    It looks wonderful with the pretty bowls and GS glasses.
    I really love the glasses.
    Your fairies are so sweet They seem to be hypnotized by the bubbles.
    The greens in the cp are perfect.
    I really enjoyed this table.

TFS

Nana

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, your table is a neat one, girlfriend! Love the calming effect it gives. The dishes are so pretty and the glasses w/napkins inside added a nice touch.

All of your great finds go together so well. Glad I'm not the only one who used a shower curtain for a tc.LOL You found the perfect one for this table! I still have mine hanging with my other tc's in case I need it again.

The fairies with their pond is so stinkin' cute. Like Nana said "They seem to be hypnotized by the bubbles." We all know Karen loves fairies so this ts made me think of her right off.

Nice that you had the different leaves to use for your cp. Your so good at putting things together and your pictures are wonderful.

Glad to hear this might have inspired Jane to whip out a ts soon!!!

Punk

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Gosh I just love this table! Like Karen, I too love fairies and yours just fit this table so well. Love the bubbles too, what a great idea. I will now be looking closer at the shower curtains at the thrift stores, another great idea and way to think outside the box! The greenery you chose is perfect. Plates and glasses are beautiful and should they ever need a new home, my hand is up first LOL. TFS this beautiful summer table!
    Kath

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well Jeanne, you've done it again! Beautiful table setting! The shower curtain goes so well with your dishes! And I am coveting those glasses! LOVE the fairies and the bubble pond too.....thanks for sharing!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers!

That shower curtain idea came from punk! I knew someone had done that but couldn't remember who...it's fabric...guess I don't have to iron or worry about spills! LOL!

I'm not too much into 'fairies' (like our Purplemoon here on the forum)...her's are always so darn cute! But these garden fairies I keep out all yr round on porch corner cupboard...they do look 'summery' & we need to keep summer here awhile longer!

Those bubbles are quite fun...when they shrink a bit, you just add water! They are nice & full today...guess I got them in Dec 2009 cause here's a couple pics of the way I used them for Winter decor:

Glad you enjoyed...thanks again for your comments, Holiday-ers! Jeanne S.

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Jeanne, what a neat table. I love it! So relaxing and such a great color combo. I love the way you used the greenery and those faries are so darling. I don't think I have seen the marbles at my DT, but will make a point to look for some, I love the look and the last pic with the Christmas decos is something I would like to do. TFS Janet

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks maxi, marlene & janet...appreciate your comments.

janet...if DT doesn't have the liquid marbles, then maybe it's another Dollar store name. They come in round plastic clear canisters. In my Holiday one, I used a red 'jar candy' & then added the liquid marbles...it looked pretty cool. Hope you find 'em! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Gosh, I think the other's have said it all. The bowls leaf pattern goes so well with the tc you found, and a centerpiece of various shaped leaves makes a perfect centerpiece. The little fairies are wonderful and add a touch of fun--really looks like they are engrossed with those "bubbles" for sure. Your handles on the silverware tie in nicely with the colors in the tc too. It all looks just perfect together. TFS

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Janet, I got some of those liquid marbles [bubbles] at Dollar Tree, the label reads Decorative Accents. There is a picture on the label featuring red roses in a clear vase filled with the bubbles.
    Hope this helps.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Great, nana! Thanks for finding them...it is Dollar Tree then. Thanks, luvs, for your comments...we even used this table this weekend as some of kids/gr'kids were home...it was fun! (remember, DH has taught me to be a 'recliner-diner!") Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Thanks, Nana. That sure helps me when I go to look for some!
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, love the 'recliner-diner'. I haven't heard that before but it's so true now days. I'm so happy you enjoyed your beautiful table. Our family loves to eat at the bar so we seldom use the table.

I'm going to have to look for some bubbles next chance I get. Thanks Nana for letting us know where to find them.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

That is so pretty, J! The colors are cool and refreshing. Such lovely plates too. Love the glassware also!

Still plenty of summer here. September is the best month here at the beach.
    Of course a hurricane is headed here this weekend, and yesterday the earthquake, so I am keeping my fingers crossed we don't get damage.

Sponsored
More Discussions