Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newest and best find so far !

Posted by oreos-mom (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 16, 10 at 23:38

Went to our local flea market yesterday and came across this HUGE guy at the back of one of the booths.The seller wanted $50.00 for him, but I talked him down to $30.00 ( I would have paid the 50.00 :). Please excuse the dishes in the background..lol. From the tip of his antlers to his feet, he's just a little over 2 1/2 feet tall. We've been going through a very rough patch right now and I felt such peace when I saw him I think I would have bought him at any price.By the way, I hardly ever go to the flea market so it must have been meant for me to find him.

Susan

8 point 3

8 point 5

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newest and best find so far !

He's gorgeous. Will you display him all year or only at Christmas? So glad you found a treasure to make you feel better. Luvs

o

Susan, so glad he makes you feel better and hope things will contiue to look up for you. He's a beauty. Sounds like you got him for a great price for the size of him. What is he made out of?

Punk

o

I guess that's what you call 'Love At First Sight'!
He's a beauty. I was going to ask the same question as
Punk...what's he made of and where will you display him?
Glad he made your day...enjoy him.

jane

o

Wow! Glad it made you happy! I have some real ones that make me sad as they eat all my flowers! :)

o

He looks like a relative of the ones who visit my DD every evening.....about 20 of them......
I'm so glad you found something that you particularly love. It makes the rough patches easier to deal with!!!

o

WOW, what a great price you got him for! I see them here in yards but they are really expensive from the Garden centers. He has such a nice face! I'd love one in my yard, and also fun to decorate with Christmas!

I envy you gals that get to enjoy real deer. Well, maybe not enjoy that much, huh Kathleen! Since I'm a flower serial killer, deer would starve in my yard.

hugs, Karen

o

Aw, Susan, I'm so glad that you found him! That just looking at him brings you peace is a good thing . . and important. He has such a nice look and finish to him. Will you put him outside in a garden area or keep him inside? Year-round or as a Christmas dec? I can see him out all year in the right setting . . . and inside, too. Will you show us a pic of him once you've found the perfect place for him, please?
Lynn

o

oreosmom...I posted awhile back on this...but don't see it now...must not have hit the submit button...ugggh!

Anyway, am glad you found this "deer" one...& that it brought you comfort...asking the same as those above, is he going in your gardens or inside? I also have some real ones that make me smile (& frown) when they eat my flowers! (like kathleen's) LOL!

Enjoy! He's a beaut! TFS! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here