Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Tea With My Mother

maximavswife
11 years ago

I thought I'd share with my sweet friends here the tea for two I set to honor my mom's birthday.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tea With My Mother

Comments (9)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Priceless, KathE. I bet you were dancing to 'Tea for Two,' ...beautiful little tea table...precious memories. TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Kathe...thank you for sharing this very touching story
    of your mother. It brought tears to my eyes.
    I know for sure she would have loved being the
    guest of honor at your lovely tea table! I'm sure she's smiling
    down and is so proud you're her daughter...
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Kathe, This table is such a touching way to remember your Dear Mother.
    As Jane said "I know for sure she would have loved being the guest of honor at your lovely tea table!"
    Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

What a sweet remembrance of your mother Kathe. I know she would be pleased that you still set up a tea table for her. Love your tablecloth and your dishes. The teacups are beautiful and so is the vase with the flowers in it. Love the simple color of the teapot and sugar and creamer...perfect style.

TFS~

• milosmom_gw
    11 years ago

Beautiful Kathe.
    Such a perfect setting to remember your Mother. All of the elements and colors "fit".
    A lovely tribute to someone so very special.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Kathe, enjoyed seeing your tea for two. Beautiful dishes and setting.

Punk

• sameboat
    11 years ago

Oh I loved your table. When I was young my mother would tell me she would come visit and we'd have tea when I was older and out of the house. She passed young as well. Tea with Mom would be great right now.

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

I thought I had responded here, but it is not showing up!
    Very pretty and very poignant. I'm sure she is there with you in spirit.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Kathe, words fail me...tho tears running down my cheeks don't.
    Thank you for sharing your Mom with us. I loved the way you described her affection for soap opera stars and others. And I definitely identified about the fried chicken! My Mom made the most perfect golden fried chicken and I just can't get it like her's.

To lose your Mom when she was far too young is just heart-wrenching, and the sudden-ness of it must have been so devastating for all of you. But reading about her, and seeing this lovely table for her, I can tell she is very much with you all the time.

now pass me a hankie, please.
    hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions