Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
National Lighthouse Day

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 22:38

Today is National Lighthouse Day so figured I'd set a table.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I used the turquoise tablecloth as the borders of the plates are aqua and this tablcloth gives a marine setting for the table. The placemats are sand colored and the checkered napkins are the black and white of the lighthouse stripes.

All the linens, chargers, placemats, and the plates are TS as is the CP, and the candles. The light blue goblets are TS, but the clear ones and the candlesticks are DT.

The lighthouse is battery operated and is actually a tabletop fountain that lights up and plays ocean sounds'

I forgot to zoom out so the candyshot is a bit close, LOL

The flatware is also TS and has clear handles that pick up the color of whatever they are near.

Let your light shine everybody!!

Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: National Lighthouse Day

ohhh, candy, I love your lighthouse aqua plates here! & the combo of B&W that you've used in each place setting...the big black bow & the checkered napkins & that t'cloth certainly waterscapes the whole table! & of course, the focal point...that lighthouse (I remember it!)

The more I see of the 'clear' flatware, the more I am loving it's versality! Love the aqua look from your linens! Everything at bargain $$$, too! Love it! Jeanne S.

o

Thank you for sharing this delightful table.
I can almost hear the waves crashing against the shore.
The sand colored placemats are perfect.
Using the black chargers and salad plates highlight your charming light house plates.
I think the checked napkins are just the right touch.
Jeanne is right the clear flatware is so versatile.
It is wonderful that you have the lighthouse to use for the center piece.
I love the aqua and black color scheme. I use it in my bathroom.
Great job, you really lit up my day!
Nana

o

Love the color of the tablecloth and your lighthouse dishes are just so pretty! Love it with the black !

o

Candy what a striking color combination.
I remember your lighthouse dishes and the cute
lighthouse CP from last yr..loved them
then and still do !!
Great interpretation of the 'ocean and the sand' !
jane

o

Candy, awesome lighthouse setting. Great job layering. The butter dish is so cute. The checkered napkins and clear flatware are wonderful choices for this table. Love the black with turquoise. I'm still on the look out for individual s & p!

Thanks for shopping and sharing, enjoyed it. We have more company coming in today so no time for tablescaping in my life.

Punk

o

I just re-posted the lighthouse table I created last year to compare with the one from this year. The CP is the same, but the plates are slightly different. The original ones were losing their borders.

Nana, if I turned on the sound on the lighthouse, you could hear the waves, LOL!

Black and turquoise used to be big in the 60's!! I see a lot of turquoise used as accents now. What goes around, comes around I guess.

Thanks everybody.
Candy

o

I like how you "fluffed up the napkin" and used the big bow around your lighthouse centerpiece. I probably would have just "plopped" it there and not thought to do those nice extra touches. The plates are really neat, I saw some at GW one time and thought they would be perfect for Kathleen since she lives so close to the water. (shipping cost prohibited me actually getting them for her). Like the way you layered the plates too. I think doing that is what got all of us so excited way back when we started sharing tablescapes. Luvs

o

I am posting the original lighthouse plates I had last year as I could not figure how to connect the re-post with this post. I got rid of these dishes as the border was fading off of them and then found the aqua ones this year. The aqua ones are Warren Kimble so they don't have the fading problem these had.

Luvs, the bow is saved from my anniversary roses and the lighthouse and napkin are sitting on top of a large candle holder to give it some added height and importance.

I agree that the forum and the layering is one of the reasons I came over here to play, and now I have more dishes than I know what to do with, LOL

Thanks,
Candy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here