Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

National Lighthouse Day

christmascandy
11 years ago

Today is National Lighthouse Day so figured I'd set a table.

I used the turquoise tablecloth as the borders of the plates are aqua and this tablcloth gives a marine setting for the table. The placemats are sand colored and the checkered napkins are the black and white of the lighthouse stripes.

All the linens, chargers, placemats, and the plates are TS as is the CP, and the candles. The light blue goblets are TS, but the clear ones and the candlesticks are DT.

The lighthouse is battery operated and is actually a tabletop fountain that lights up and plays ocean sounds'

I forgot to zoom out so the candyshot is a bit close, LOL

The flatware is also TS and has clear handles that pick up the color of whatever they are near.

Let your light shine everybody!!

Candy

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

ohhh, candy, I love your lighthouse aqua plates here! & the combo of B&W that you've used in each place setting...the big black bow & the checkered napkins & that t'cloth certainly waterscapes the whole table! & of course, the focal point...that lighthouse (I remember it!)

The more I see of the 'clear' flatware, the more I am loving it's versality! Love the aqua look from your linens! Everything at bargain $$$, too! Love it! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing this delightful table.
    I can almost hear the waves crashing against the shore.
    The sand colored placemats are perfect.
    Using the black chargers and salad plates highlight your charming light house plates.
    I think the checked napkins are just the right touch.
    Jeanne is right the clear flatware is so versatile.
    It is wonderful that you have the lighthouse to use for the center piece.
    I love the aqua and black color scheme. I use it in my bathroom.
    Great job, you really lit up my day!
    Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Love the color of the tablecloth and your lighthouse dishes are just so pretty! Love it with the black !

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Candy what a striking color combination.
    I remember your lighthouse dishes and the cute
    lighthouse CP from last yr..loved them
    then and still do !!
    Great interpretation of the 'ocean and the sand' !
    jane

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, awesome lighthouse setting. Great job layering. The butter dish is so cute. The checkered napkins and clear flatware are wonderful choices for this table. Love the black with turquoise. I'm still on the look out for individual s & p!

Thanks for shopping and sharing, enjoyed it. We have more company coming in today so no time for tablescaping in my life.

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just re-posted the lighthouse table I created last year to compare with the one from this year. The CP is the same, but the plates are slightly different. The original ones were losing their borders.

Nana, if I turned on the sound on the lighthouse, you could hear the waves, LOL!

Black and turquoise used to be big in the 60's!! I see a lot of turquoise used as accents now. What goes around, comes around I guess.

Thanks everybody.
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

I like how you "fluffed up the napkin" and used the big bow around your lighthouse centerpiece. I probably would have just "plopped" it there and not thought to do those nice extra touches. The plates are really neat, I saw some at GW one time and thought they would be perfect for Kathleen since she lives so close to the water. (shipping cost prohibited me actually getting them for her). Like the way you layered the plates too. I think doing that is what got all of us so excited way back when we started sharing tablescapes. Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am posting the original lighthouse plates I had last year as I could not figure how to connect the re-post with this post. I got rid of these dishes as the border was fading off of them and then found the aqua ones this year. The aqua ones are Warren Kimble so they don't have the fading problem these had.

Luvs, the bow is saved from my anniversary roses and the lighthouse and napkin are sitting on top of a large candle holder to give it some added height and importance.

I agree that the forum and the layering is one of the reasons I came over here to play, and now I have more dishes than I know what to do with, LOL

Thanks,
    Candy

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions