Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Hydrangea Table

christmascandy
10 years ago

I found these hydrangea plates/creamer last year and the hydrangea napkin and napkin rings this spring.

ns

Again, almost every piece on this table is a TS treasure.

Been MIA due to a trip to CA.
TTFN,
Candy

Comments (8)

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Now, that's a summer table! I'd love to be able to Goodwill-shop with you sometime. The hydrangea plates are very unusual.

How lucky that the green in the napkins matches so perfectly with the green dinner plates. Are the greens that close in real life?

Did you hang over the balcony to get the last shot? It is a great one. I've got to rig some sort of boom so I can do that too. It really helps to get a total feel for the tablescape.

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Love the shape of the cups & the plates ! I never see anything like that around here. I would love to be able to grow a hydrangea but they just die. Did you grow the centerpiece or is it silk flowers, It's lovely! Jan

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OA, yes, the greens match quite well. I get the "candyshot" (I think Karen named in that, LOL) by standing on a chair and holding the camera over the table.

Jan, the CP is silk. I bought it at a thrift store and it was just the cream colors. I added the purple hydrangeas and other pink flowers to match the table colors. I can't get hydrangeas to grow here either, :( I had one that lasted for a few years, but never got taller than 6 inches and never bloomed. It finally gave up the ghost too!

Thanks for the compliments. I think it is one of my prettier tables, color-wise. I kind of hate to re-do it, but I have dishes waiting to be displayed!! LOL

TTFN,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Delightful summer table, Candy. The colors are perfect. I understand why you wouldn't want to take it down.
    I feel that way about some of my tables too.

My hydrangea bush produced a couple of blooms the first year I had it. Then it was dormant for several years. I was going to have it pulled out and then it began flowering again...until last year...nothing and nothing this year either. Lots of green leaves but no flowers very confusing.
    Nana

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Cute hydrangea plates! Those are really neat; great work on the table! :)

-SD

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Candy...this is my hydrangea bush just a few weeks ago ... 'Quick Fire' ...changes from white to pink to dark pinkish/red. The blooms sure would look good on this beautiful table of yours!

Wow...love those hydrangea plates!! & with the light green colors, this is so 'pretty!' ... summery, yes! Linens are perfect! Love the 'candyshot!' TFS! ~~Jeanne

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne, that is gorgeous. I don't think hydrangeas like the dry climate/clay soil around here. I have tried a couple of different times and just can't get them to grow.

Nana, you always set such beautiful tables, so I know it is difficult to see some of them go away.

SD, thank you. I really enjoyed seeing your lovely home in your post.

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Candy, you find so many wonderful dishes. Love this setting!
    I've missed so much here lately and need to
    get back in the groove. I will probably never catch up
    until the snow sets in tho.

Jeanne, your hydrangeas bush is gorgeous. Mine hasn't
    even bloomed yet. Not sure what the problem is. However
    if it grows like yours, I'll have to move it cuz it's
    under our kitchen window.hmmm

Punk

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company