Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

update on Jeanne

Purplemoon
10 years ago

She had her second round of chemo, but today it hit her hard sounds like. This is what her daughter posted in her Caring Bridge journal....hugs, Karen

"Please send extra prayers of strength and healing for mom tonight. It has been a long, rough day. She has been unable to keep anything, including meds, down. Very nauseous and in pain, mostly she thinks from the shot she had Friday to keep her white cell count from dipping too low.

As I type this, dad is taking her to the hospital- we suspect she'll need IV fluids. Keep the prayers coming, we feel your LOVE!!! "

Comments (37)

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Thanks for sharing, Karen. I'll be
    sending extra hugs and prayers to
    Jeanne. I'm so happy she has such
    a caring family and so many great
    friends to help her through.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this.
    I'm praying for Jeanne and her family.
    Nana

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne's home from the hospital. And hopefully can enjoy her beautiful yard and 'regroup' from this ordeal of the chemo. Her next round is Aug. 29th.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

I'm glad to hear that Jeanne is home.
    I pray her next round of chemo isn't as difficult.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Each day is improving, 'Holiday-ers' ... I'll have a 3 wk break now (hopefully) & we are even planning a short camping vac (modern camping, of course). My blood work was good today ~~ I spent a couple rough nites in the hosp...so now it should be 'uphill' again for a bit. Thank you for your good thoughts & prayers & esp to our 'Purplemoon' here who shares so graciously. ~~hugs Jeanne S.

My porch garden tonight ... a couple friends visited me yesterday & I sat & chatted on the patio & they weeded my porch garden ~~ looks great ...altho I am still enjoying my gardens, weeded or not! :-)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Just beautiful! enjoy your trip.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, so wonderful to come here and hear your planning a camping vacation. I so hope you feel good enough to enjoy it. I'm thrilled your friends were over to visit and do some weedin' for you.

This picture of your proch garden is gorgeous. Karen is a sweetheart and I'm so glad she keeps us informed on what's going on. I have visited your Caringbridge page thanks to her also.

Enjoy your camping and I'll keep sending hugs and prayers your way. Wish I lived closer and I could help during your tough days.

Love, Punk

• luvstocraft
    10 years ago

Enjoy your trip Jeanne, just relax and enjoy nature. Although it might be hard to find a prettier place than your own garden--just lovely. Hugs, Luvs

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Thank you, dear 'Holiday-ers' .... hey, I feel your hugs, old friends. Hopefully later this yr I'll be back to 'decorating' up the place! ;-) Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

well Jeanne, if I could go on a vacation, it'd be straight to your gorgeous gardens! I have loved your yard for so long, way back to our Garden Junk forum days. You have so many interesting things to see, and beautiful flowers, and then all those colorful birds. Its like a little slice of Heaven in my book!
    But I am thrilled to hear you are planning a little camping trip and feeling a lot better.

I don't post on Caring Bridge, haven't joined it, but do go read yours.
    hug and much love,
    Karen

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Gosh, Jeanne. I have been away for a while now. I can't tell you how sad it made me to hear of your health issues. Of course, I am adding you to my list when it's time for prayer.

I wish you strength throughout your treatment. The best I can say is that, although you may have days that make you feel all alone in your struggles, you have made a lifetime of friends (Some, like me, are just "out there" - but you must count us too.), so you do not wage this war alone.

I will check back more often in order to get Karen's updates.

God Bless.

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Glad you are feeling better. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip.

Your garden is just beautiful!! So nice you could sit and enjoy it with your friends and that they did some of the work for you!

Keeping you in my T & P's!

Candy

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

I know chemo is up & down ,better than all down & gives you chance to heal some before they start. You have the best "healing garden right out your window" that is beautiful! Glad your friends came to help out. That makes a world of difference. Enjoy your camping trip, stay away from the rapids!!(If there is a river around), you can save the rough water for another time or if like me--never! Hugs & prayers for full healing! Jan

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

I am touched by your comments, friends ... sunnyca, OA, candy, luvs, PM, punk & nana. Being blessed with so many cyberspace friends just puts a smile on my face. Yes, this may be the hardiest battle ~~ I've fought before (a rare illness in 2006) & now this one ~~ so I so very, very much appreciate you all 'just being out there!' (as OA put it). ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

• janet1_2007
    10 years ago

Jeannie, just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers to everybody elses. I have checked in almost everyday to holidays and to your caring bridge, but for some strange reason, (like my dd using my computer with her pass word, I think) I had not been able to post anything on the forum for quite a while. This morning, I sat here until I finally figured out why my pass word wasn't working and got it straightned up or at least I hope I did. I am so sorry you are having to go through this and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You have such beautiful gardens; I always enjoy you pictures. My gardening has been very limited this year, got really behind when DH had to have aeortic heart valve replacement, and then it seems like we have had rain every day that we didn't have dr appointments. Seems like my multi-tasking days are past, guess I"m just getting old. Glad you are getting a chance to go camping--enjoy every minute before you have to have more treatments, and know that all of us holiders are with you in thought and prayer. Love u, Janet

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

We're over halfway to SD & enjoying a pleasant night here in Nebraska ...thank you, Friends... just trying to take each day ... each day & I'm thankful that I'm on this trip. ~~hugs ...Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

We had a great trip to So Dakota ... thank you, friends! I'm re-charged for the next round. ;-) ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

Rock hunting in this pic ...

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

great picture, Jeanne. I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip.
    thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.
    Nana

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Rock hunting! Did you find some cool ones?

Glad to see a smile on your face. Keep up the good fight.
    I think of you daily.

OA

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Thanks, gals ....
    yes, found some really cool rocks ... a friend of some friends camping with us lives in hills of Rapid City ...4 acres of ground & we could 'pick' away @rock hunting...see, I am wearing my gloves! LOL!

Round #3 chemo on Thurs...thank you for your prayers...I am dreading it (but) the big tumor is shrinking ...so I'm hoping surgery will be possible in Sept/probably Oct. A great vacation...one I will never forget...met up w/Cyberspace friends (6 of us couples) from a gardening forum (whom I help administer)...in the planning since last Fall. ;-) ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

• party_music50
    10 years ago

That's wonderful news, Jeanne! I'm so happy for you and your loved ones. You really do look great! and you have a handsome DH, BTW. :O)

I LOVE to rock hunt. My parents always said that when I was a kid all you had to do was give me a box and some rocks and I was happy. I'm still a kid. :)

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Hi Jeanne..'You Rock' Girl !!.
    Sounds like you had a really nice time camping and being with some special friends!
    I agree - love the pic of you & Larry and it's so nice to see
    you looking good, smiling and looking relaxed.
    Onward & Upward ...
    Good Thoughts & Prayers for you!
    Love,
    Jane

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Thank you, 'Holiday-ers!' You all 'rock,' too! Appreciate your good thoughts & prayers so much. ~~hugs ~~ Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

What a great picture!!
    Looks like you were having a great time.
    So nice that you could meet up with other friends and get away for a while.
    Sending you T & P's for good results tomorrow.
    I'm standing on the one who is the "solid rock" and asking for his healing powers for you!!

((((HUGS)))))
    Candy

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, loved seeing your picture!!! Your such a sweetheart! I'm sending lots of hugs and prayers your way daily. Sure hope all goes well and you will be able to have surgery too.

Get well and then maybe we can plan a get together for all of us "Holidayers" huh? We might find our Holiday bus after all.DS owns a car lot. He's never had a bus in there but maybe we can find one if Jane's up to driving it. What do you think Jane? Anyone have a CDL?

Love to U & Yours,
    Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne, it's been amazing to follow along on your vacation on Facebook. What a GREAT trip, and with all those special friends to share it. Your pictures continually made me smile.

love and hugs, (and a LoT of prayers!)
    Karen

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Jeanne..praying extra hard that your treatment will
    be kind to you today.
    Hang in their dear friend - there are so many of us
    who care and are thinking and praying for you each step of the way...

Punk...I don't have a CDL...but do drive stick shift!

jane

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Thank you so much, Holiday-ers ... got chemo yesterday & a 24-hr after shot today ... makes my bones/joints hurt for a few days coming up now ...but I need the shot to keep the white cell count from 'bottoming out' as my dr. said happened after the 1st chemo ...so I got the shot @2nd chemo & now this 3rd one. So I need to get thru the next 2 or 3 days & then things will start improving again. then off to Iowa City for tests/evaulation & see what comes next. I can tell the tumor has shrunk some. ;- ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

It seems the chemo wasn't as hard on you this time. [not that it was easy].
    Keeping you in my prayers.
    Nana

• nonacook
    10 years ago

You have my prayers too!
    I sent you an email....

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Jeanne...get that needed rest for the next few days.
    Praying that all is improving for you..
    Blessings -
    jane.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

This whole thing makes me so sad knowing there
    is nothing I can do to help ease your pain, Jeanne.
    Oddles of hugs and prayers to you and yours.

Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Thank you, 'Holiday-er' friends ~~ I am improving & will have another catscan next week to see what 3 rounds of Chemo has done for me ~~ but doctor consultations is a couple weeks away ... so I have some freedom for a bit! Every day I'm gaining more strength again after that 3rd round. Thank you so much for your kind words ...

Today DHubby & I visited our 2 gr-grands ... hot & humid here in Iowa but Fall weather will be here sometime (I hope!) ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

So happy to hear you're doing well Jeanne and see you and Larry enjoying time with your GrKids. Cont'd prayers for you with the next step!
    jane

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, Great picture. Love seeing the smiles this morning. Like Jane, I'm so happy you are spending time w/gkids. We will hope our prayers are answered soon and you will be back strong as ever. You are such an inspiration and loved by all of us here on Holidays gf.

Sending more hugs and prayers your way. Punk

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Great picture!!
    Nothing like spending some time with those DGK's (or GDGK's) to lift your spirits!!

We are all keeping you in our T & P's..

Hang in there Girlfriend!!

((((((HUGS))))))

Candy

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

It is a great picture, Jeanne.I,m so glad to know you are feeling up to visiting them. DGKs can really make you feel better
    Sending prayers and hugs your way.
    Nana

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts
More Discussions