Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Cherry Festival Table

phonegirl
12 years ago

DD bought me these dishes on sale last year at Target for .49 ea. The Flathead cherries are ripe and delicious so perfect time to use the dishes. The milk glasses seemed the best match so used them again.

I used some fruit napkins under my pm for some color with cherries and other fruit on them. Added my tureen w/o a lid topped w/a geranuium for the center piece, August and Sept. pals. and these orchid candles I picked up for .25 each at a ys this summer.

I will work on my cherry table for next year. Didn't have much to use on this one.LOL

Punk

Comments (10)

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Punk, considering that "you didn't have much to use on this one" you did pretty darn good. It is a cute table and I could eat that whole bowl of cherries by myself. Janet

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Punk..I agree with janet - you did a good job..
    Nice layering with your dishes. Napkins as PMs
    worked out well and the milk glass was a nice choice too.

Your DD always has her eye out for you... You taught her well !!
    Love cherries, and I didn't have NOT ONE this year!!
    Yours are making my mouth water - BIG TIME!

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Punk, that is a delightful table. So festive with the bright colors. I love your choice of the milk glass. But the fruit napkins really 'make' this table I think. Perfect.
    I see TJ back there in her high chair, enjoying the table too. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

What a cheery cherry table. It is so bright and colorful and the cherries look so yummy. I especially like the crocheted placemats. The dots on the milk glass really echo the polka dots on the plates.

Super!!

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Well, first impression is such 'pretty colors!' .... cheery & bright! I like your cherry plates ...(thanks, DD!) & the layering of your place-settings. The cherries look yummy!

...and, yes, I see TJ in her high chair, too! So cute! And I am still overcome w/envy on your recent purchase of the buffet/side table! Looks beautiful! TFS, punk! A pick-me-up table!...cherry pickin' time (I don't have any here either). Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

I think you did a wonderful job of putting this table together! Very neat and cheerful plates and I like how you used the napkin/placemat and the crochet ones. But most of all I'm impressed at how you used the tureen upside down to elevate your centerpiece--very creative!
    Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Punk, This is such a fun table. The plates are adorable.
    Seems that your DD is an enabler too LOL!
    The milk glass looks wonderful and I like how you tied the print napkins around the red ones. Luvs is right ...very creative to use your tureen upside down to elevate your centerpiece. The little angels are sweet and TJ looks excited to be there. I'll bet she was a big help.
    Life IS just a bowl of Cherries.
    Thanks for sharing

Nana

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

That is a fun table! The plates are so cute! They look like they have little sections in them, to keep you peas out of your potatoes, LOL. Do they?
    Great job!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Looks great and very inviting! Love all of the reds you used and your plates are very cute!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Janet, I just brought home another bunch of cherries tonight. Wish you lived close by and I'd be sharing with you. Another friend just brought in a gallon of fresh raspberries today that are so good.

Jane, your making me feel guilty after reading your post! I'd love to share some cherries with you too. I've had these napkins and never liked them used for napkins. I'm sure they were cheap so I grabbed them while out shopping.

DD thinks of me all the time when she's out shopping. I'm always getting pic. messages from her to see if it's something I'd like her to buy me. She also knows she will end up with way to many dishes but that hasn't slowed her down yet and I'm so glad.

Karen, glad you like the napkins. I should of taken a close up picture of TJ's candle flip flops so all of you could see them. I forget to give her something to eat. Poor girl, I lead to busy a life to take care of all the details.LOL

Candy, good eye, girlfriend! You made me go look again and your right with the polka dots on the plates and glasses.

Jeanne, wish I could send all of you some of our cherries. They are so good. So glad you like the buffet. Hope you like the one we're working on refinishing too when I share.

Luvs, thanks for the comments on my cp. After I took pictures I thought about turning the tureen over since I had a plate that fit on top.

Nana, glad you liked the angels. Sometimes it's hard for me to come up with a cp after setting the table. It just seemed like it needed elevated and the tureen did the trick.

Kathleen, your so funny. We seldom eat at any table I set. So do the plates keep the peas out of your potatoes? Should but I'll never know.LOL

Marlene, thanks, wish you lived close and I'd invite you over. Glad you enjoyed the reds and plates on this table.

Ladies, you are all so sweet and thanks for taking the time to comment.

Punk

Sponsored
More Discussions