Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Shopping Part One

Purplemoon
12 years ago

This past week wasn't a good one, but more about that another time.

However the previous week was great!! Two friends of mine decided I needed to get out and have some retail therapy. (since I lost Dad in Feb, as you know, I haven't felt like doing ANYthing. He left a huge hole in my life as well as my heart.) So during the course of about 10 days, I got to go to Hobby Lobby, Michaels, GW, and another thrift shop. Plus the antique mall I love. And out to lunch twice with them. They made sure I had FUN. ;o)

So as to not overload this post with photos, I'll divide up the pix into 2 posts.

Michaels was having a sale on all their candleholders, 50% off. The two are swirly black and gold, mercury glass. $5 each. I LOVE them! The Fall one cost me only $7. The black one is from Goodwill, very heavy, glazed ceramic. $2. I thought it would be good to use at Halloween.

{{gwi:1432725}}

And out front of Michaels on their 'sidewalk sale', they had Spring-Summer wreaths at 90% off! Wooo Hooo! This wreath had been marked at $89 originally! WOW. (I added the yellow bird from Dollar Tree. LOL.)

{{gwi:1432726}}

Shell decorations from Goodwill.

The ceramic basket was $3, the pearlized shell is a little plant holder, open on backside. The lead crystal shell is a candleholder.

{{gwi:1432727}}

Three bags of neat shells, and the loose one, were at a booth in the antique mall. $1 a bag.

The little pack of starfish I got at Michaels.

{{gwi:1432728}}

Fairy "captured" in a jar, GW for $3. And the little red birdcage that is open flat back to hang on wall.

I am trying to decide if I want it outside or inside to decorate.. and if I want to paint it white instead??

The fairy will probably go on the baker's rack on my back patio once I get it all rearranged out there. Its been too hot to move stuff around, especially the flagstone that makes up the Fairy Garden part.

{{gwi:1432729}}

{{gwi:1432730}}

hugs, Karen

Comments (11)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Karen..wooohooo to you!!
    First off sounds like you had a nice cheering up time with your friends. Good friends know just what's needed.

You found some great things - Love the candleholders espec the Mercury Glass ones from MIchael's. Neat Birdcage with the flat back..could be used on a door...inside-outside - also on the Mantel. I think I'm in love with that Fairy in the Jar. I can see a small battery votive and moss in there with her, to give a nice glow.
    Great finds..

jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Karen, you found some great things on your shopping excursions! How neat that you were even finding acorn things this time of year! Your fairy in the jar is precious--so delicate looking. Most of all I'm just glad you got to get out with your friends and have some fun time. Hugs, Luvs

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Karen...You got some wonderful buys. So glad you had an enjoyable time.

I have one of those flat sided bird cages and I love it. I have a pastry blender hung from the top of the cage and there is a little bird sitting on the blender surrounded by foliage. I would post a picture but I'm having a problem with my printer right now.

Marylee

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Luvs, seems like all the places are putting out Fall stuff now and acorns very popular. So easy to find them...go look, LOL.

Enablers R Karen

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

LOL Do I NEED more acorns????? Luvs

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, oh my, I didn't plan on spending much time here this morning but I'm loving everything you bought. I sighed deeply with each picture. Fell hard for your mercury candle holders and that fall one is so neat. The fairy in the jar is darling and Jane's idea of adding moss and a candle would be neat.

It's all wonderful and I can see you using all of it to decorate. So happy to hear you had a great time out with friends.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Looks like your 'retail therapy' worked wonders! You sure found some goodies! I don't have 'fairies' but I am coveting the jar one...love that idea! She is beautiful & love Jane's idea.

FYI, Holiday-ers...There's something new out that I splurged on when I got my new cloche...it's a small box of "LED Light Strings, 30 Warm White lights, 60" length (requires 3 AA) & strings can go in water...to add to everyday & holiday arrangements." (it was $10.99 at this specialty store I shopped but I wanted to try it). Maybe you'll see it cheaper somewhere if it gains popularity!

Back to your finds...love all the 'beachy' stuff...& those shell decor from GW are great bargain $$$! You did good, girl ...& am happy to hear you are out w/your friends! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Well I love it all, but that lantern type thingee with the pumpkin is calling me!
    Can that fairy breathe in that jar? I hope you poked holes in the top!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Can I go shopping with you next time??? Love all of your finds...going to look at the second list now.....

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Kathleen, you are too funny! Did she poke holes in the lid? LOL

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Not to worry Kathleen...LOL...whoever 'caught' this fairy
    had already poked breathing holes in the lid for her.
    ;o)